Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
The Effective Subject Matter Expert
Training for SMEs to be expert facilitators of learning
This mastery-level workshop builds the skills required for Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to facilitate adult learning effectively .
Participants work with actual content and will practice:
- Presenting information.
- Facilitating group discussion.
- Setting up and debriefing exercises.
- Being efficient.
- Providing productive learner feedback.
This class includes video recorded in-class exercises followed by private instructor-led video review. This process helps participants recognize and work with their strengths.
This workshop incorporates a blended learning approach that includes pre-work and follow up through eCoach, Turpin's online learner's portal. Through eCoash, participants have access to job aids and reference materials when training is complete. Participants also receive a copy of The Orderly Conversation: Business Presentations Redefined.
Turpin helps participants with the instructional design process if training material doesn't exist before the workshop.
Training is tailored to the needs of the group and each individual.
Participants will learn to:
- Engage learners in a productive learning conversation.
- Understand their dual role as subject matter experts and facilitators of learning.
- Frame the training with clear learning objectives and expectations.
- Deliver visual aids effectively (including content prepared by others).
- Create the conditions for a healthy exchange of ideas.
- Be concise.
- Work personal stories into the training.
- Listen effectively to connect the dots and identify common themes.
- Encourage and control discussions.
- Set up and debrief learning activities.
- Work with co-trainers.
- Manage difficult situations and people.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for Subject Matter Experts who have been tasked with training. Not everyone needs to be at the same level.
Contact Turpin for price information.
Custom Presentation and Facilitation Skills Training for Your Team
Founded in 1992, Turpin Communication is dedicated to helping business presenters succeed. Workshop participants receive the most practical, personal, efficient, no-nonsense presentation skills and group facilitation skills training available anywhere. Turpin's approach is to preserve each presenter's personality and natural...
Find out more about this The Effective Subject Matter Expert course by simply filling out your details:
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team