Facilitation Training for New and “Accidental” Trainers
Fundamental skills for facilitating adult learning
This workshop focuses on the skills required to facilitate adult learning. Training helps participants deliver content clearly, concisely, and persuasively. They will also learn to facilitate group interactions efficiently.
Participants will work with their own real-life training content. Class exercises are video recorded and followed by instructor-led video review. This two-instructor approach helps learners assess their skills and build on their strengths. The Facilitation Training for New and “Accidental” Trainers workshop incorporates a blended learning approach that includes pre-work as well as post-workshop access to job aids and reference materials through eCoach, Turpin's online learner's portal. Participants also receive a copy of The Orderly Conversation: Business Presentations Redefined.
Training is tailored to the needs of individuals and the organization they work for. If participants don't have training materials to practice during the workshop, Turpin trainers help with the instructional design process.
Who should attend?
This workshop is suitable for trainers new to the industry or experienced “accidental” trainers needing to polish their skills. Not everyone needs to be at the same level.
Training will help participants:
- Create the conditions for fruitful learning.
- Engage learners in productive conversations.
- Promote and control discussions.
- Frame the training with clear expectations and learning objectives.
- Deliver visual aids effectively (including content prepared by others).
- Provide productive learner feedback using the Turpin Communication SORT Coaching Model (Self-assessment, Observation, Recommendation, Tied back to goal).
- Be concise.
- Listen effectively to connect dots and identify common themes.
- Manage difficult situations and people.
- Work with co-trainers.
- Set up and debrief learning activities.
Contact Turpin for price information.
About Turpin Communication
Custom Presentation and Facilitation Skills Training for Your Team
Turpin Communication is a business communication training company. We build the skills presenters, meeting facilitators, and trainers need to achieve their goals, work more efficiently, and grow leadership capabilities. Our process is about simplification and personalization. We untangle confusing assumptions,...
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team