Three Phase Motor Installation, Maintenance and Troubleshooting Virtual Instructor-led Training
In this 1-day interactive course attendees will learn the fundamentals of three phase electric motors including proper installation, preventative maintenance and troubleshooting techniques. Electric motors are the source of power that drives nearly all commercial, industrial, and HVAC systems. Understanding how to maintain and troubleshoot common problems is critical to increasing productivity and reducing downtime.
This course covers how to select and install the correct type of motor based on its specific application and conditions. Important motor design parameters will be reviewed including, horsepower, voltage, FLA, Frequency, RPM, frame size, and many more, to ensure the motor is installed correctly and is properly protected. Attendees will learn the steps to safely and systematically troubleshoot three phase electric motors, with the goal of helping them identify the true cause of motor failure and prevent future incidents.
This course is designed for all knowledge levels of technician and progresses from a thorough overview of motor basics to replacement procedures and fundamental motor maintenance techniques.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Motor Fundamentals and Installation
- Motor Basics
- Motor Terminology
- Types of Motors and Their Suitable Applications
- Motor Selection
- Nameplate Data
- Dual Voltage Motor Connections
- Sizing Conductors
- Short-circuit Protection
- Overload Protection
- Motor Starters
Motor Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Motor Storage
- Bearings and Lubrication
- Replacing Motor Fuses Safely and Correctly
- Testing Motor Windings
- Megohmmeter Testing of Motors
- Predictive Maintenance Testing for Motors
- Methods of Verifying Proper Phase Rotation
- Determining Voltage and Current Imbalance and Its Effects
- Recommended Maintenance Practices of NFPA 70B
- Sizing and Adjusting Overloads per the NEC®
- Recognizing and Correcting Common Motor Issues
Course delivery details
Our virtual instructor-led training option allows students to connect to a live classroom seminar via a web link, with the ability to participate full in the classroom dialogue, exercises, and Q&A. Online participants get all the benefits of the full classroom experience, plus the convenience of remote access.
- One full day of live, interactive instruction from a TPC Training instructor
- All classroom materials in PDF format
- Certificate of completion for 8 hours of live training
- Full technical support to ensure your online experience is a rewarding one
Certification / Credits
- Fundamentals of Motor Operation
- Motor Components and Terminology
- Preventative Maintenance and Troubleshooting Techniques
- Select and Install the Correct Type of Motor
- Safely and Systematically Troubleshoot Three Phase Electric Motors
- Identify the True Cause of Motor Failure
Upon completion of this seminar, the student will receive a Certification of Completion.
Contact this provider
TPC is a leader in industrial training and workforce management solutions. Our offerings include a best-in-class learning management system (LMS), instructor-led training courses (virtual or in-person), over 1000 digital course hours, simulation-based training, cloud-based workforce management solutions, consulting services, and safety training.
Our instructors lead over 2000 class sessions annually in select U.S. cities, virtually, and at customers' facilities. Gain, refresh, and advance essential maintenance skills quickly and apply them in the workplace immediately after returning to work. TPC helps companies train...