Advanced Salesforce Development: 5-Day / 42.5-Hour Course
Stony Point has developed this introductory training course to provide all students with the fundamentals of Apex and Visualforce and prepare them to sit and successfully pass both the Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I exam and the Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II exam. The course is taught by a senior instructor with years of real world programming experience, providing their insights from their own real career and best practices.
This training course serves as an alternative to both the Programmatic Development using Apex and Visualforce (DEV450) and Integrating with Force.com (DEV-502) classes offered by Salesforce.
All course participants will receive a practice learning environment during hands-on exercises in the course. Once the course has been completed, students may keep and continue to use this learning environment indefinitely without any additional fee.
Students may take this training course in-person or in a virtual format. Inquire for additional information.
Who should attend?
This course is suited for those preparing to take both the Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I exam and the Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II exam.
The content of this training course includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- The fundamentals of declarative development on the Force.com Platform including custom and standard objects, fields, security, workflow, approval processes, and validation rules
- Working with common Force.com development tools, including but not limited to: the Force.com IDE, Developer’s Workbench, Developer Console
- Understanding the software development lifecycle on the Force.com platform and utilizing the Metadata API, Unmanaged Packages, Managed Packages and Change Sets
- Apex fundamentals, including but not limited to: developing Apex triggers, developing Visualforce custom controllers and controller extensions using Apex, developing email services using Apex, sending emails using Apex and Workflow, and developing test methods.
- Visualforce fundamentals, including but not limited to: Consuming standard and custom controllers and controller extensions using Visualforce, utilizing CSS within Visualforce pages, embedding a Salesforce chart on a Visualforce page, utilizing Field Sets, and embedding a Visualforce page in a dashboard
- Salesforce integration techniques including but not limited to: Salesforce to Salesforce, consuming external REST web services using Apex, developing SOAP web services with Apex, developing REST web services with Apex, the Streaming API, utilizing Force.com Sites to build unauthenticated REST web services
The cost of this in-person or virtual training course is $4,500.