Agile Product OwnershipSoftEd
Agile Product Ownership
How do we ensure that the right product is built in the right way to most effectively solve the right business problem? To answer this question, Product Owners need clarity of vision, alignment with organizational strategy, an understanding of the development process and the ability to communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders.
Through our Agile Product Ownership course, you will gain the techniques and tools to enable you to become an effective Product Owner who is equipped to guide product development, and lead product ownership teams. Our course focuses business value, the leadership needed to ensure product fit, and how these practices work in an Agile development process. You will also cover value management, and how collaboration is so important to identify the most important aspects and features of a product.
Who should attend?
You will need to have completed formal Agile training such as our Agile Fundamentals course. You also need to understand your organization's product development process and to have mastered the skill of building user stories in order to get the maximum benefit from this course.
Those filling the roles of:
- Product Managers
- Product Owners
- Product Champions
- Agile Customers
- Subject Matter Experts
And those that form part of the extended team of people supporting the Product Owner including:
- Technical Architects
- UX Designers
- Business Analysts
- IV & V Specialist Testers
By the end of the course you will be able to understand:
- The roles and responsibilities involved in product ownership
- How to help identify which products should be built to maximize business value using tools such as purpose alignment model, Kano analysis, value stream mapping
- How to build a product roadmap and link that to business outcomes
- How to use personas and product design workshops to help define features and quality goals for building a product roadmap
- The shape of a well-formed backlog and how to populate it progressively
- Techniques such as story mapping, prioritization and backlog grooming to build a release plan
- How to use paper prototyping and usability heuristics to guide the design of the product
- Stories for development on a just-in-time basis while ensuring the design principles and architectural guidelines are adhered to
For more information about course cost please fill out the information request form.
Certification / Credits
ICAgile accredited course: The ICP-BVA Certification from ICAgile is granted on the successful completion of this course. This certification is part of the ICAgile Product Ownership Track along with our Agile Fundamentals and Adaptive Program and Portfolio Management courses.
We offer the complete ICAgile Product Ownership Track for those looking to become an ICAgile Certified Expert in Product Ownership (ICE-PO).
Project Management Institute (PMI) accredited course: This course is accredited with PMI and will contribute 14 Professional Development Units (4 leadership hours and 10 technical hours) towards your chosen certification.
Today’s businesses need to be responsive, adaptive and future-focused. They need to be agile. That’s where SoftEd comes in. As an agile consultancy, and the largest provider of ICAgile training globally, we’ll help you to transform your way of thinking...
Average rating 5Based on 3 reviews
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team