Advanced Automated Administration with Windows PowerShell (MS-10962)
About this Course:
The course will educate students on the knowledge of automating various administrative activities through Windows PowerShell 5.1. Students will further understand the fundamental scripting skills including developing advanced functions, writing controller scripts, and management of script errors. Additionally, you will also inquire the functionality of Windows PowerShell Workflow, the REST API and XML and JSON formatted data files. Lastly, students will acquire the information about the utilization of new administration tools like Desired State Configuration (DSC) and Just Enough Administration (JEA) for configuration and security of servers.
A professional IT Administrator is able to make an average salary of $59,350 per year.
Who should attend?
This course is primarily aimed for:
- IT personnel who possess ample experience and knowledge in general Windows Server and Windows Client administration. Students are expected to display a prerequisite, fundamental knowledge of Windows PowerShell. Furthermore, the course also offers a thorough guidance in scripting for professional developers who work in development environments and deployment phases.
- Besides a professional-level experience in hand, students who are interested in pursuing this course are also mandated to have the following technical expertise:
- Experience with technologies related to Windows networking and implementation.
- Practical exposure to Windows Server administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting processes.
- Hands-on knowledge in Windows Client administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Experience regarding utilization in Windows PowerShell for running commands and developing essential, non-modularized scripts.
Recommended Prerequisite Course:
- Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell (MS-10961)
- After the course completion, the students should be able to:
- Create advanced functions
- Employ Microsoft .NET Framework and REST API in Windows PowerShell
- Write controller scripts
- Manage script errors
- Employ XML, JSON, and customized formatted data
- Enhance server management with Desired State Configuration (DSC) and Just Enough Administration (JEA)
- Perform analysis and debugging of scripts
- Understand Windows PowerShell workflow
Why choose QuickStart?
98% increased workplace productivity
94% instructor and course effectiveness
Partnered with vendors including Microsoft, Cisco, and Citrix
Contact this provider
Meet your career goals with QuickStart!
QuickStart exists to create world-class technologists by personalizing and individualizing training to address the massive skills gap in the IT industry. Through 20 years of research and data analysis, we’ve learned that a modern learner prefers to learn through multiple...