70-744 - Securing Windows Server 2016
About this course:
This advanced level certification course teaches IT professionals how they can enhance the security of the IT infrastructure that they administer. This course begins by emphasizing the importance of assuming that network breaches have occurred already, and then teaches you how to protect administrative credentials and rights to ensure that administrators can perform only the tasks that they need to, when they need to. This course also details how you can mitigate malware threats, identify security issues by using auditing and the Advanced Threat Analysis feature in Windows Server 2016, secure your virtualization platform, and use new deployment options, such as Nano server and containers to enhance security. The actual purpose for this course is to prepare our students for the .
The average salary for a Windows Server Administrator is $69,077 per year.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This course is intended for:
- IT professionals who need to administer Windows Server 2016 networks securely. These professionals typically work with networks that are configured as Windows Server domain-based environments, with managed access to the Internet and cloud services.
Students should have at least two years of experience in the IT field and should have:
- A solid, practical understanding of networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP, User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS).
- A solid, practical understanding of Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles.
- A solid, practical understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization fundamentals.
- An understanding of Windows Server security principles.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Secure Windows Server.
- Secure application development and a server workload infrastructure.
- Manage security baselines.
- Configure and manage just enough and just-in-time (JIT) administration.
- Manage data security.
- Configure Windows Firewall and a software-defined distributed firewall.
- Secure network traffic.
- Secure your virtualization infrastructure.
- Manage malware and threats.
- Configure advanced auditing.
- Manage software updates.
- Manage threats by using Advanced Threat Analytics (ATA) and Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS).
Why choose QuickStart?
98% increased workplace productivity
94% instructor and course effectiveness
Partnered with vendors including Microsoft, Cisco, and Citrix
Contact this provider
Meet your career goals with QuickStart!
QuickStart exists to create world-class technologists by personalizing and individualizing training to address the massive skills gap in the IT industry. Through 20 years of research and data analysis, we’ve learned that a modern learner prefers to learn through multiple...