Effective Business Writing
The ability to write clearly and directly is highly prized in most organizations. Well-written emails and documents can help you earn respect among your peers. And poorly written emails and documents can detract from success at all levels. The ideas, techniques, and checklists in this introductory-level course apply to all forms of business writing: memos, reports, brochures, proposals, presentations, catalogs, and websites. This course will also teach how to revise for wordiness, unnecessary phrases, redundancy, and jargon, and the appropriate use of email in an organizational setting.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
- Recognize the difference between ineffective and effective writing
- List and define the four major factors of effective writing (clarity, tone, organization, and delivery).
- Recognize the role of the audience in effective communication and the importance of understanding an audience's needs
- Employ formal and informal outlining techniques
- List and recognize techniques for overcoming writer's block
- Recognize the importance and dangers of writing quickly
- Revise for wordiness, unnecessary phrases, redundancy, and jargon
- Write more effective emails and recognize the appropriate use of email in an organizational setting
- Employ checklists for organizing, writing, and revising
Course delivery details
Course Access Time: 90 days
Certification / Credits
Credits: 0.5 CEUs / 5 PDUs / 5 HRCIs / 5 SHRMs
Why choose PME?
Authorized Training Partner by the Project Management Institute
Over 300 instructor-led and online courses in leadership & business management taught by experienced practitioners
Leading provider of Project Management and Agile certifications
Contact this provider
Project Management Experts, LLC
Project Management Experts (PME) is just that, a consortium of project management experts with at least 20 years of experience who have re-directed their careers to improving the project management competency of our clients. Our training classes focus on building...