Project Closeout Best Practices - In House
As project managers, we tend to keep our eyes focused on the finish line. For us, it is all about on-time completion. Once the deliverables have been handed over to our project sponsor or client, we relax -- the project is over. But is it really?
Project closeout always presents challenges: from getting final approvals, to performing administrative and contract closure, to capturing lessons learned, and more. At the rapid pace of business today, efficient project closure is a must and may even give you a competitive edge. This 1-day workshop introduces project managers to the best practices for getting final signoffs and closing out projects. Project managers will come away with a structured closeout framework and some templates that can be used to complete an orderly project closeout.
This course is also sometimes called "Getting to Done: Project Closeout Best Practices".
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
This course is intended for beginner and intermediate project managers across all industries.
- Introduction and definitions
Start With The End In Mind
- The Business Case
- The Project Charter
- Scope Definition and Management Plan
- Quality Management Plan
- Stakeholder Management Plan
Getting Final Approvals
- Group Activity
- Requesting Final Approval
- Deliverable Acceptance Form
- Business Value
- Compliance With Scope
- Customer Satisfaction
- Quality Issues
- Punch List Template
- Case Study: New House Construction Project
- Support Systems
- Training and Documentation
- Customer Satisfaction
Post-Approval Closure Activities
- Accounting Closure
- Settle Contracts
Contract Closure Activites
- Project Financial Summary Template
- Legal Closure
Administrative Closure Activities
- Redeploy Resources
- Provide Feedback
Lessons Learned Closure Activities
- After Action Review
- The 5 Why's
- Case Study: Arbor Industries
- Case Study: Root Cause Analysis
- Project Completion Template
Marketing Closure Activities
Project Lifestyle Closure Activities
- Project closeout checklist
Course delivery details
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Use a structured approach to get final sign-off and closong out a project
- Describe the barriers to project closeout including both scope and lifecycle barriers
- Describe how to overcome closeout activities including financial, administrative, and legal closure (and more!)
- Use lessons learned to drive continuous improvement
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...