Presentation Skills Creating Presentations that Work - In House
Many studies have found that making a presentation in front of others is a huge source of anxiety in the workforce. It is also one of the skills that can make or break a person’s career. This workshop will help participants build better presentations, learn how to deliver them with impact, and overcome their fear of speaking in front of a group either face-to-face or or virtually.
This interactive, hands-on program covers the theory behind building and delivering good presentations and presents a structured approach that starts with analyzing the audience and the presentation goals to build a presentation plan that starts with determining the ideal approach to the presentation, which determines the presentation style and ultimately what content to include. Building a good presentation, though, is not enough if it is not delivered well. This course also focuses on how to include the use of interactivity, body language, tone of voice, visual aids and other techniques to engage the audience including relevant audience engagement features of online presentation tools. Participants practice using the techniques to deliver short presentations, making this a very practical — and fun — workshop.
Whether it is a presentation to leadership, colleagues, your team, or your entire organization, by the end of this workshop you will have the necessary skills to approach presenting with confidence.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
This course is intended for anyone who needs to present information to a group, whether to inform, persuade, entertain, or motivate.
This course has no prerequisite.
- Ground Rules
- The Parking Lot
- Workshop Objectives
- Action Plans and Evaluation Forms
Understanding the Communications Gap
- What is a communications gap
- The process of understanding
- Additional communication obstacles
- Presentation Goals: Inform, Persuade, etc.
- Components: Verbal (script), Visual (graphics), Vocal (delivery)
- Asking Questions
- Open Questions
- Closed Questions
- Probing/Clarifying Questions
- Confirming/Verifying Questions
- Active Listening
- Effective Listening
Creating A Presentation
- Overview of the Steps
- Planning Your Objectives
- Audience Analysis
- Adapting Your Communication Style
- Structuring the Content
- Using Visual Aids
Dealing with Nerves
- How Nerves Affect the Presentation
- Managing Your Energy Level
- Reducing Nervousness Before the Presentation
- Reducing Nervousness During the Presentation
Putting it into Practice
- Practice Building and Delivering Short Presentations
- Review of Parking Lot
- Lessons Learned
- Completion of Action Plans and Evaluations
Certification / Credits
Credit: 7 PDUs
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- describe what factors make up a good presentation;
- analyze the audience and presentation goals to better plan the presentation approach, content, and delivery style;
- use visual aids, interactivity and body language to create more impact on the audience; and
- deliver a more impactful presentation with confidence.
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...