ITIL Operational Support and Analysis - In House
The 4-day ITIL Operational Support and Analysis (OSA) course is an independent certification and prepares the candidate for the Managing Across the Lifecycle and ITIL Expert certifications. You will gain detailed knowledge of ITIL V3 Service Operation and an understanding of how those practices relate to the full ITIL Service Management Lifecycle. The lectures and exercises in this class will provide you with the information that you need to participate in the design of Services that can be successfully supported in Service Operation.
During this class, we will explore the processes for performing operational work in an Information Technology organization.We'll discuss and practice Best Practice methodologies for ensuring that all of the operational activities that make up an IT Operations unit are correctly designed to work within the overall Service Lifecycle. As one of the Capability courses, there is a strong focus on exercises and practical application of the materials in the ITIL publications.
The partner Lifecycle course, Service Operation, provides more detailed information on the execution of Service Operation activities to meet Service Level Agreements, carry out routine maintenance and communications, and embed the principles of Continuous Improvement. The OSA course is focused on correct process and organizational design to ensure successful operation of the activities.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
The ITIL Intermediate Operational Support & Analysis course is appropriate for individuals who:
- IT professional
- Business managers
- Business process owners
- Have attained the V3 ITIL Foundation or Foundation Bridge certificate in Service Management.
- Require a deep understanding of ITIL Certificate in Operational Support and Analysis processes and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization.
- IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement program.
- Operational staff involved in Event Management Process, Incident Management Process, Request Fulfilment Process, Problem Management Process, Access Management Process, Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operations Management and Application Management.
This qualification is only available to candidates who hold the V3 Foundation or Foundation Bridge Certificate in IT Service Management.
Demonstrated familiarity with Service Operational Analysis in their own business environment is recommended as is experience with the Service Operation Processes and Functions. It is strongly recommended that candidates read the core Service Lifecycle publications before attending this class.
Introduction to Operational Support and Analysis
- Service Management as a practice
- Value definition
- Underpinning processes and functions
- Contributions to OSA
Processes in Service Operation
- Event Management
- Incident Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Problem Management
- Access Management
Functions in Service Operation
- Service Desk
- Technical Management
- Applications Management
- IT Operations Management including IT Operations Control and Facilities Management
Technology and Implementation
Wrap up, Mock and Exam
Certification / Credits
Participants will gain practical skills in the following areas:
- Service Management Practice
- Service Operation principles and processes
- Service Lifecycle process interfaces with OSA processes
- OSA processes, activities, functions and roles
- Operational activities of other Lifecycle phases
- Measurements and metrics of OSA
- Importance of IT security
- Organizing for service operation
- Technology and implementation considerations
- Understanding and analyzing Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks associated with OSA.
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...