Business Analysis Foundation - In House
The British Computer Society (BCS) defines a Business Analyst as "An internal consultancy role that has the responsibility for investigating business systems, and bringing the needs of the business with the use of Information Technology".
Following from the above definition, the scope of business analysis work may (or may not) cover some aspects of Strategy Analysis and Definition and IT System Analysis. Strategy Analysis and Definition involves the analysis of forces which determines the success of an organization based on the organization's objectives and then defining the direction the organization will take to meet its objectives by taking into account the interplay of all these forces; While IT System Analysis involves modeling the data that an IT system would be required to process and how the IT system processes the data to give the desired output.
Consequently, this 3-day course will equip participants with the tools and techniques they need to excel as a Business Analyst, from facilitating the development of business strategy using tools such as PESTLE, MOST, Portfolio Analysis (Boston Box), Resource Audit and Collective Analysis; to having a basic understanding of investigation techniques; stakeholder analysis and management; business system, process and IT modeling; business case; and managing business change. This course is based on ISEB Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
The Business Analysis Foundation course is appropriate for individuals who are:
- Project Staff and Managers
- Subject matter experts
- Product Managers
- Quality Assurance staff
- Business Analyst (junior/senior)
There is no prerequisite for this course. It functions as a stand-alone course.
- Introduction to business analysis
- Strategy formulation and implementation
- Business analysis process model and toolkit
- Stakeholder analysis and management
- Business systems and process modelling
- Modelling IT systems
- Requirements engineering
- Information resource management
- The business case
- Managing business change
- Wrap up
- ISEB certification exam
Certification / Credits
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Recognize Business Analysis as a profession and the role of the Business Analyst.
- Understand the need for organizational strategy and how to define, analyze and implement a strategy.
- Be familiar with stakeholder identification, analysis and management throughout the project lifecycle.
- Understand, select, and apply Business Analysis investigation techniques
- Learn techniques for modeling Business Systems, Business Processes and IT Systems.
- Elicit requirements from various stakeholders using various methods
- Describe the important sections of a business case
- Determine effective ways of managing business and organizational change
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...