Analytical Thinking for the Business Analyst - In House
Analytical thinking is a key underlying competency for a business analyst. Strong analytical skills transform a BA from an “order taker” to a TRUE collaborative partner for all stakeholders. There is more to analytical thinking than just “being smart”; it takes the correct approach.
This 2-day course is designed to formalize and develop the analytical skills of the business analyst. This course is based on the Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK®) version 3.0.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
The Analytical Thinking for the Business Analyst course is appropriate for individuals who are:
- Pursuing a career in business analysis
- Business or information systems managers or staff who are new to business analysis.
- Experienced business analysts requiring better understanding of the role, or desiring formal recognition through certification.
- Project staff or managers currently combining the business analyst role with other duties.
- Business staff or managers who are working in business analyst environments, needing to interact with project managers and business analysts.
Comprehensive Business Analysis Part 2: Elicitation, Documentation & Analysis
Analytical Thinking Defined
- The Meaning of Analytical Thinking
- Analytical Thinking for the BA
- Creative Thinking
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Systems Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Visual Thinking
Methodical Analytical Thinking
- Analytical Thinking Process
Metrics-Based Analytical Thinking
- Gather Facts
- Elicitation Techniques
Metric Types & Quality Attributes
- Business Intelligence vs. Analytics
- Star Schemas
- Metrics Tree
- SMART Metrics
- Performance and Diagnostic Metrics
- Lasting Relevance
- Disciplines and Methodologies
- Goals, Questions, and Metrics (QGM)
- Creating GQM Metrics
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Risk Management
Certification / Credits
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Define analytical thinking
- Apply a methodical approach to analytical thinking and problem solving
- Understand the vital role metrics play
- Identify relevant metrics
- Recognize the characteristics and value of a metrics program
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...