Business Analysis Executive Awareness - In House
Business analysis is a growing competency required for business and project success. Studies, including the CHAOS Report from the Standish Group, conclude that the absence of good business analysis skills on projects contributes in multiple ways to project failures. Consequently, business leaders and executives are now investigating the maturity of business analysis practices within their businesses.
This 1-day course introduces business analysis to leaders, executives and other stakeholders. The course distinguishes between the roles and responsibilities of a business analyst, business relationship manager, enterprise architect, and other roles within a software development lifecycle (SDLC) including financial analyst, project manager, software developer, documentation analyst, software tester, and quality assurance analyst, among others. The course also presents business analysis knowledge areas and underlying competencies, approaches, tools and techniques; business analysis practices; business analysis maturity assessments; and business analysis governance.
This course is based on the Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® version 3.0.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
Business Analysis Executive Awareness is suitable for business and IT executives who will support the practice and growth of business analysis within the enterprise including directors, and other C-level executives, senior managers, and front-line managers.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Introduction to Business Analysis
- The International Institute of Business Analysis
- The Business Analysis Body of Knowledge
- Definitions of business analysis and business analyst
- Differences between:
- Project management
- Financial Analysis
- Quality Assurance
- Solution Development
- Enterprise Architecture
- Business Analysis
- Key skills of a Business Analyst
- The role of the BA in a project
Business Analysis Approach
- Tools including BA Repository
- Project complexity
- Scope and change management
Business Analysis Techniques
- Tools vs techniques
- List of business analysis techniques across business analysis practice
- Which is right for your analysis work?
Business Analysis Tools
- Criteria for tool selection
- List of business analysis tools
Establishing Business Analysis Practice
- Business Analysis Functions
- Business Analysis Organization including roles and responsibilities
- Business Analysis Center of Excellence
- Business Analysis Methodology
- Business Analysis Mentoring, Coaching and Training & Development
Maturing Business Analysis Practice
- Assessment tools
- Assessing business analysis practice
- ISO/IEC 15504
Business Analysis Governance
- Governance vs Management
Certification / Credits
Participants in this workshop will gain practical skills to:
- Recognize the meaning, context and benefits of business analysis according to the International Institute for the Business Analyst (IIBA)
- Understand the differences and the interrelationship between various roles such as business analyst, business relationship manager, project manager, financial analyst, enterprise Architect, Software Developer, Software Tester, Documentation Analyst, Security Analyst, and other Subject Matter Experts
- Understand business analysis knowledge areas and underlying competencies
- Understand basic BA principles and industry best practices
- Recognize core business analysis tools and techniques for requirements elicitation, modelling, documentation, analysis and management
- Understand how to establish and mature a business analysis practice, including assessment techniques
- Recognize how and why business analysis efforts should be governed and supported by executives
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...