Agile Construction Fundamentals - In House
With the rapid adoption of agile project management methods over the last twenty years, it was only a matter of team before they made their way into the construction industry. Many owners have seen agile being used in business transformation, IT, and product development projects with great success. Now, they are expecting agile techniques to be used in their construction projects too. Join agile project management pioneer Kevin Aguanno as he reveals how agile methods have worked their way into the construction industry and how you can start to take advantage of these techniques to improve your overall performance.
Learn how some of the “new” agile techniques were actually developed in the past for use in engineering and construction environments and how those techniques can be applied on your projects today.
Special bonus: Participants will receive the Agile and Lean Construction Quick Reference card to help them identify when agile techniques can be best applied on the job, along with free access for one year to the Procept Members’ Portal, which contains dozens of e-learning modules plus dozens of articles and whitepapers, videos, and recorded webinars.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
This course is intended for those who want to better understand more about basic agile project management practices and how they can be applied in a construction (buildings, bridges and facilities) environment including owners and owner representatives, project managers, site supervisors, and project engineers.
Participants should already have some familiarity with project management concepts and terminology, but no prior knowledge of agile is required.
What is Agile and What's In lt for Me?
- Defined vs. Empirical Approaches: The need for both
- Waterfall, Iterative, Incremental and Agile Approaches: benefits and when to use them
- The Agile Philosophy
- Which Projects Are Suited to Agile Methods?
The Scrum Framework
- An Overview of the Scrum Method
Agile Construction Basics
- Agile and Continuous Improvement
- Labour Productivity Measurement & Improvement
- Estimation Accuracy & Improvement
- Agile Procurement & Material Management
- Agile Job Scheduling & Planning
- Externalizing Work (Pre-Assembly & Prefabrication)
- Agile Project Management
- Agile Financial Management
- Agile Benefits from Increased Customer Involvement
- Agile Construction Adoption Tips
- Domains of Agile Practices
- Key Points to Remember
Certification / Credits
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Describe the need for different project strategies including agile
- Describe the differences between traditional and agile approaches
- Describe what project characteristics indicate an agile approach may be needed
- Understand the Scrum approach
- Understand several aspects of how agile is applied to construction projects
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...