In Six Sigma - Part 1: Getting Acquainted with Six Sigma Basics, you'll learn ...
- What Six Sigma is and how it works
- The founding principles and language of Six Sigma
- The roles and responsibilities of Belts and Champions
- What is "leverage" in Six Sigma and why it is so powerful
- The sigma scale of quality
Credit: 4 PDH
Length: 54 pages
Six Sigma is the single most effective problem-solving methodology for improving business and organizational performance. There’s not a business, technical, or process challenge that Six Sigma can’t improve. The world’s top corporations have used it to increase their profits collectively by more than $100 billion over the past ten years. In certain corporations, indicating Six Sigma proficiency on your résumé is now a prerequisite to moving into a position in management.
Simply stated, Six Sigma is about applying a structured, scientific method to improve any aspect of a business, organization, process, or person. It’s about engaging in disciplined data collection and analysis to determine the best possible ways of meeting your customers’ needs while satisfying yours and minimizing wasted resources and maximizing profit in the process.
This course is Part 1 of a 5-part series based on the popular book Six Sigma for Dummies, 2nd Edition*. Despite its astounding effectiveness, few outside of the community of Six Sigma practitioners know what Six Sigma is all about. Six Sigma for Dummies provides a fast and easy way to understand and implement Six Sigma. In fact, Six Sigma For Dummies is the most straightforward, non-intimidating guide available.
This course, Part 1 of the series, provides an overview of the Six Sigma methodology, the system of deployment, roles, and responsibilities. You’ll learn the key principles underlying the science of Six Sigma and its applications. Module 1 is a comprehensive overview of Six Sigma. Module 2 connects quality improvement to business performance. Module 3 introduces the key principles of Six Sigma. Module 4 discusses roles and phases in the implementation of a Six Sigma deployment.
This course series provides more than an overview or survey of Six Sigma. It provides a comprehensive, actionable description of the methods and tools of Six Sigma. Yes, Six Sigma is rigorous, technical, and analytical. But this course series takes on this difficult subject and makes it understandable through examples, simple explanations, and visual aids.
This course is applicable to engineers of all disciplines working in any industry. Six Sigma is applicable everywhere — not only in large and complex corporations but also in the less complex and more intimate worlds of professional performance and personal accomplishment.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 24 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- The many definitions and synonyms of Six Sigma
- The proven managerial horsepower of Six Sigma
- Why Six Sigma isn't just another initiative-du-jour
- How the voice of the customer is defined through specifications
- The basis of true quality
- How the quality of a system's individual pieces aggregates to form the whole
- The basic equation of Six Sigma
- How determinism and variation affect your outputs
- The role of measurement in managing processes
- Balancing risk with precision of outcomes
- The basics of the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control (DMAIC) project methodology
- The many areas of Six Sigma application
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Contact this provider
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...