In Shop Drawings & Submittals: Benefits, Legalities, and Liabilities, you'll learn ...
- Real-life hurdles in dealing with prime contractors and subcontractors during the submittal process
- The typical flow chart of submittals, including a discussion on related timeliness and schedule
- What a submittal and shop drawing legally is and its purpose, along with what it is not
Credit: 1 PDH
Length: 17 pages
THIS COURSE SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN TO FULFILL PDH REQUIREMENTS IN THE FOLLOWING STATES: NY, IL, MD, MI, NE
Almost all construction projects utilize the formal process of submittals and shop drawings, whereby the general contractor/ construction manager (and their subcontractors and vendors) submit said documents to the project architect and project engineer. This formality can have significant benefits – including finding mistakes and oversights before they occur in the field. But they also have substantial legal and liability ramifications.
This course will cover a variety of topics regarding shop drawings and their submittals. For example, if an engineer approves a “faulty” shop drawing, and there is a loss or claim in the field as a result, what liability does the engineer have versus the GC/CM, subcontractor, vendor, or even the architect (if applicable)? It will also cover practical tips a structural, civil, or MEP engineering firm employ to minimize legal and financial exposure regarding problems and misunderstandings regarding submittals.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 10 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Case studies involving faulty submittals or proposals not approved in time
- Tips regarding the engineer “Approval” or “Reviewed” stamp, including verbiage and notes
- How the firm’s Errors & Omissions insurance policy, and the firm’s Professional Services Agreement, has a real effect on being sued and financial loss
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Contact this provider
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...