Revisions for the 2010 ADA Standards:Â Plumbing Elements and Facilities (Ohio T&M)PDHengineer
Revisions for the 2010 ADA Standards:Â Plumbing Elements and Facilities (Ohio T&M)
All available course dates
In Revisions for the 2010 ADA Standards: Plumbing Elements and Facilities , you'll learn ...
- How the 2010 Standards establish parity between multi-user men’s and women’s toilet rooms with respect to ambulatory accessible toilet compartments
- How the 2010 Standards impact men´s toilet rooms with only one urinal
- New grab bar size and location requirements for wheelchair accessible and ambulatory accessible water closets
- Changes in the accessibility requirements where a lavatory is installed adjacent to the water closet
- Why the 2010 Standards do not scope unisex toilet facilities
To meet the Ohio Board's intent that online courses be "paced" by the provider, a timer will be used to record your study time. You will be unable to access the quiz until the required study time of 50 minutes has been met.
Credit: 1 PDH
Length: 20 pages
This course is intended to familiarize the reader with the major changes contained in the 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design related to plumbing elements and facilities. It is suitable for engineers exposed to ADA requirements at any level.
The 2010 Standards consist of:
- Title II - the 2004 ADA Accessibility Guidelines (ADAAG) and the requirements contained in 28 CFR 35.151
- Title III - the 2004 ADAAG and the requirements contained in 28 CFR part 36 subpart D
The course covers changes between the prior requirements and the 2010 requirements. Scoping and technical requirements are discussed together, where appropriate, for ease in understanding the material.
In addition, the course includes selected public comments received by the Department of Justice (DOJ) regarding the 2010 Standards, as well as disposition of those comments. The DOJ’s responses to public comments are beneficial in understanding the rationale behind the 2010 Standards.
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 10 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- The exception allowed for drinking fountains installed at a height to accommodate very small children
- Why the access board is considering the need for multiple wheelchair accessible compartments in toilet rooms serving airports and train stations
- A reduction in the percentage of accessible single-user toilet rooms required where multiple single-user toilet rooms are clustered in a single location
- A new provision for doors of single-user toilet or bathing rooms with in-swinging doors that achieves necessary flexibility while providing a minimum standard for maneuvering space
- Sketches showing the impact of the 2010 requirements on single-user toilet room layouts, relative to the 1991 requirements
- New requirements for toilet paper dispenser location relative to the water closet and grab bars
- Additional flexibility provided in the 2010 Standards for transfer-type and roll-in shower compartments
- New requirements for kitchen sink accessibility
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...
Contact this provider
Before we redirect you to the course sign-up page, do you mind filling out this form so that we can stay in touch? You can unsubscribe at any time.
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...