In Process Piping - Ancillary Equipment , you'll learn ...
- Types of flexible couplings used for metallic and non-metallic piping systems
- Types of air relief and vacuum relief valves, along with typical applications
- How rupture discs are used to protect process piping systems
- Considerations for selecting and installing static mixers
- The differences between slip-type, ball and bellows expansion joints
Credit: 1 PDH
Length: 14 pages
This 1-hour online course addresses ancillary equipment, which plays a vital role in process piping systems. These appurtenances enhance the operation, maintenance, and safety of process piping. The course covers couplings, air release valves, drains, sample ports, pressure relief valves, rupture disks, backflow preventers and expansion joints.
This course is relevant to Civil, Process, Environmental, Sanitary, and Mechanical Engineers who are interested in learning more about process piping systems.
The course includes charts, diagrams, and illustrations of relevant information. Note that the course provides a few “rule-of-thumb” recommendations that may differ in your particular industry. A qualified piping engineer should be consulted before attempting to apply any information in this course to a particular project or application.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 10 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understand the need for proper selection of ancillary devices in piping systems.
- Make decisions about the appropriate locations of ancillary devices in piping systems.
- Understand the mechanical operation of these devices
- Selecting the appropriate devices, material options, and the proper sizing of them.
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Contact this provider
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...