In Power Quality Measurements - Essential Theory, you'll learn ...
- Description of power quality events and parameters
- Sampling techniques and measuring device basic operating principles
- Statistical techniques used for result processing
- Connection of measuring instruments and their characteristics
Credit: 3 PDH
Length: 31 pages
The decline in quality of power is a big issue due to increase in the usage of power electronics that uses inverters, an increase of unbalanced loads like large furnaces or rectifiers, and typically complex power distribution due to an increment in power network interconnections for new energy plants, etc. Inadequate power quality induces potential problems in receptacle/transmission devices and electronic apparatus malfunctions.
Power supply network issues that are induced by inadequate power quality are a frequent issue for both electric power providers and consumers. Nevertheless, it is not simple to tell if the source of inadequate power supply quality is at the provider’s side or the consumer’s system. Depending on this arrangement, power quality measurement is required to know the actual source of power quality issues as well as to treat and assess for efficient countermeasures.
In this course, you’ll learn a step-by-step power quality evaluation process. You’ll learn why and how we measure power quality. You’ll learn the basic arrangement of a digital measuring device and the parameters to measure in a power quality assessment. You’ll learn the purpose and operating principles behind transient recorders, harmonic analysers and combination devices. You’ll learn how measuring instruments are used and connected. And you’ll learn how recorded values are statistically analysed.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 25 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Why do we measure power quality
- Parameters to measure in a power quality assessment
- The two measures that are crucial for digital signal assessment
- Basic arrangement of a digital measuring device
- The purpose and operating principles behind transient recorders, harmonic analysers and combination devices
- Statistical analysis of recorded values
- Recording and evaluation techniques
- Use and connection of measuring instruments
- Step-by-step power quality evaluation process
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Contact this provider
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...