Distance Protection for Electrical SystemsPDHengineer
Distance Protection for Electrical Systems
All available course dates
In Distance Protection for Electrical Systems, you'll learn ...
- Basic theory and terms of distance protection
- Distance protection zones
- Distance protection characteristics
- Distance protection relay applications
Credit: 3 PDH
Length: 34 pages
Since the impedance of a transmission circuit is relative to its length, for distance measured it is suitable to use a relay able to measure the impedance of a circuit up to a present point (the reach point). Such a protection relay is known as a distance protection relay and is made to function only for faults happening between the protection relay location and the chosen reach point, therefore providing discrimination for short circuits that may happen in different line portions.
Distance protection, is a non-unit protection arrangement providing significant benefits. Unlike phase and neutral overcurrent protection arrangements, the key benefit of distance protection is that its short circuit current coverage of the protected element is almost autonomous of source impedance changes.
In this course, you’ll learn the fundamentals of distance protection. Presented details cover issues related to distance protection technical implementation. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to address key distance protection concepts, terms, zones and characteristics.
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 30 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- What is distance protection and where it should be used
- The fundamental rule of distance protection
- Electromechanical and static protection relay arrangements
- Voltage limit for precise reach point measurement
- Zone 1, 2 and 3 protection settings
- Protection settings for reverse reach and other zones
- Distance protection relay features
- Plain impedance protection relay characteristics
- Self-polarized and offset mho protection relay characteristics
- The purpose and application of lenticular characteristic
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...
Contact this provider
Before we redirect you to the course sign-up page, do you mind filling out this form so that we can stay in touch? You can unsubscribe at any time.
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training