In Advanced Project Management I, you'll learn ...
- Leadership qualities, motivational skills, direct responsibilities and functions that are required of a successful Project Manager (PM)
- Methods for managing the two most important aspects of any project: schedule and budget
- The roles and responsibilities of the various project groups, including engineering, procurement and construction
- The project manager's role in project execution-the bidding process, construction oversight, change management, facility startup and project close-out
Credit: 4 PDH
Length: 38 pages
This course in project management is intended to improve the prospects for existing project managers and would-be project managers to manage a successful project. The simple definition of “successful” has rarely been defined in specific terms of a given project, but a general definition usually encompasses “being on time and being under budget”. Nevertheless, while this definition may be too narrow to satisfy many PM’s and executives, the project is not truly “successful” unless you combine these two finite factors with a more than satisfactory end result.
In almost all projects the Project Manager and project team members will develop and utilize some core principles. One of those core principles is that the burden of assuring the finite factors in addition to the end result is primarily the responsibility of the PM. "They" may want some of the credit when things go well, but "they" will quickly disappear when adversity appears. Another principle is that you should enjoy your work and develop some close relationships when you're all pulling the same wagon to achieve a successful project.
I have read some articles that deal with what project management is supposedly all about. These articles are generally tailored to telling a Project Manager what he or she should do: prepare a budget, break down the tasks, prepare a schedule, have a good project. The problem with these articles is that a Project Manager needs to know “how to do it” and what to do when a difficult situation presents itself. Invariably, the solution is not begun until the PM and/or the project team members recognize that a problem exists. It can then be resolved with training and experience, each of which is an equally valuable commodity.
Whether you're new to project management or an old hand, you'll find the topics explored and lessons learned in this course to be invaluable to the success of your projects, your employer, and ultimately your own career.
My goal for you is that you discover in this course what you need to know to have a successful project, and remember that your project will never be a failure as long as you don’t quit on it.
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 30 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Experience and training required to be a PM
- The art of establishing project priorities in order to maximize use of your time with your daily activities
- What it means to be a real leader
- How to maintain a good line of communications with all parties involved in a project
- Understanding clients’ requirements and goals
- Considerations when developing the preliminary project budget and a project schedule
- Your role in assuring accurate and timely completion of engineering deliverables
- Methods for managing the bidding and contractor selection process
- Cost control and cost correction
- The project manager’s role during testing, startup and equipment/system integration
- Methods for reporting progress in measurable outcomes
- How to spot opportunities to gain valuable experience for future projects and future promotions
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team