Dog Grooming Diploma
An information packed diploma course contains easy to manage modules. You can study at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home. Each module focuses on different elements of dog grooming, providing you with the knowledge you need to make the animal comfortable, exceed at the job and achieve success moving forward.
The Dog Grooming online course, which enables you to study from anywhere at any time using any device. Firstly you get a lifetime access to your course modules, so you can revert back to them as and when needed with ease.
Secondly, once you have completed the course, you will be required to complete a multiple choice test. Thirdly, on successful completion you will be able to download and print your industry recognized certificate right away. In the event you don't pass the test the first time, you will be given a second chance to take the test, once you have had the time to go over the course notes.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2 : History of Dog Grooming
- Module 3 : Anatomy and Health, Parasites, Infections & Zoonotic diseases in dogs
- Module 4 : Pre-grooming Health Assessment
- Module 5 : Coat and Skin Disorders and How to Groom a Dog
- Module 6 : Getting Started
- Module 7 : Animal Training, Dealing with Difficult Dogs & Training for Grooming
- Module 8 : Prepping the Work Area
- Module 9 : Pre-bath Preparation
- Module 10 : How to Bath a Dog
- Module 11 : Drying a Dog
- Module 12 : Detail Grooming (Clipping, Scissoring, Eyes, Ears, Teeth, Feet, Bottoms)
- Module 13 : Cleaning Your Working Environment
- Module 14 : Grooming Specialities
- Module 15: Law in the Workplace, First Aid and Emergency Care
Course delivery details
There are numerous benefits to taking a dog grooming online course and securing your certification. The benefits include:
- Enjoy the convenience of superior online support throughout your studies
- Using any smart device, as long as it is connected to the internet
- From anywhere, on the bus on your way home from a full day at work or when you get home and you are relaxing on the sofa.
- Study and still work a full day with ease.
- Learn at your own pace and in your own time. You can take a week to complete the course or a month or more, this is down to your personal preference and time you have available.
- Fast track your career in the pet grooming industry.
- Boost your chances of opening your own successful grooming business.
- Informative step by step video guides.
The listed price of this course is inclusive of VAT.
Certification / Credits
What you will learn
Each module is designed to provide you with valuable knowledge and insights about the industry to help you achieve success in your dog grooming career. The course will teach you the following:
- Why pet grooming is important, what equipment you need and your personality when dealing with animals.
- Get to understand the history behind pet grooming.
- Understand the anatomy of dogs, basic health, parasites and maintaining health.
- The importance of a pre-grooming health assessment and keeping clients updated on their pet's health.
- Learn about the various skin and health disorders, along with the best way to groom a dog.
- Get valuable information on starting your own pet grooming business from identifying if it is the right choice for you to creating a business plan and more.
- Learn how to train dogs to enjoy a bath, steps leading up to a bath and bathing a fearful dog.
- Know how to set up your grooming area, workstation requirements, tools you will need, lighting and airflow.
- Gain an understanding of when a dog should be referred to a vet.
- Get clued up about the best way to bath a dog from the clothes you should be wearing to getting the dog in the bath.
- Acquire skill in the best way to dry a dog. Get an understanding on why shaking is so important, identify the best methods from air and towel drying to drying between the pads on the paws and more.
- Understand detailed grooming, such as nail clipping, eyes, ears, teeth and feet.
- Get a good understanding why you need to keep your workstation neat and tidy and why appearance is so important.
- Become competent in the various grooming emergencies from untangling knots to working with rescue dogs to emergencies and more.
- Know the law. Know what is expected of you as a business owner in the dog grooming industry from first aid to basic health and safety.
Why choose OCL?
1400+ Happy Students
50+ Businesses Trust On Us
Learners Around 5+ Countries
Online Courses Learning
We are a leading provider of Online Learning Solutions. Our platform offers a wide range of courses that enable learners to acquire new skills and enhance their professional development. We are committed to providing high-quality, affordable education that is accessible...
Average rating 4.9
The Dog Grooming Diploma course was a challenging but rewarding experience, and it helped me to achieve my professional goals in the dog grooming industry.
The course provided me with a deep understanding of dog grooming principles, techniques, and industry trends.
I found the course to be flexible and convenient, with online learning modules that allowed me to balance my studies with my other responsibilities.