Wrongful Mortgage Foreclosure
Learn to identify cases with viable foreclosure claims and how to work towards a resolution or prepare them for trial.
For many years there has been a stigma surrounding foreclosure cases. The laws are not friendly to the borrower, and lenders and mortgage servicers generally know the actions they can take that do not fit squarely into a cause of action that will lead to liability.
This course will assist practitioners representing borrowers, lenders, and their counsel identify cases with viable foreclosure claims. They will learn how to work towards a resolution or prepare for trial. This material is critical for learning how to aggressively pursue a claim, identify meritorious cases, and resolve the matters.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for attorneys, presidents, vice presidents, branch managers, lending and loan officers, mortgage brokers, accountants, and loan department personnel.
- Three Most Important Questions to Ask
- Documents to Request
- Fee Structures
Discovery, Including Depositions
- Types of Information to Request
- Timing of When to Request Certain Information
- Protective Orders
- Corporate Representative Depositions
- Preparing Your Client for Depositions
Motions to Dismiss
- Responding to 12b6 Motions
- Surviving 12b6 Motions
- Strategies and Tips
- When to Serve Them
- What to Include
- Attorneys' Fees
Certification / Credits
Credits: CLE, CPE
- You will be able to discuss potential witnesses and depositions that are necessary in litigating a foreclosure case.
- You will be able to identify potentially successful claims for borrowers claiming they have lost their property wrongfully.
- You will be able to recognize some of the pitfalls in foreclosure cases.
- You will be able to review a motion to dismiss and determine your chances of surviving.
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...