Understanding New York Public Contracts and Procurement Regulations
Know the unanticipated issues you may face when submitting bids for contracts. Many contractors and vendors who submit bids for contracts with the City of New York, and those who go on to obtain contract awards, may well face unanticipated issues in connection with the City’s VENDEX system and questionnaires for reviewing “responsibility” as part of the process of awarding the contract; and, subsequently, in presenting claims under the City’s mandatory dispute resolution procedure. This topic will track those two phases of the City contracting process with a view towards focusing on the types of issues that frequently arise and how to deal with them. It is critical for City contractors and vendors to know and plan for these issues.
Who should attend?
- Meaning of "Responsible"
- Statutory and Case Law Definitions
- How Determined at the Agency and Judicial Levels?VENDEX System
- Filing ProceduresIndividual Questions on the Form
- Affiliate, Parent, Control, Sharing, Investigations, Managerial, Employee, and Other Items on the QuestionnaireResponsibility Determinations
- Three-Level Administrative Review Process
- De Facto Debarment
- Article 78 ProceedingsContractual Dispute Resolution Procedure
- PPB §4-09
- Three-Level Review Procedure: Review by Agency Head, Comptroller, CDRB
- Issues at the Various Levels of Administrative Review
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...