Understanding Custody and Child Support Issues
Hone your skills and expand your knowledge on various family law issues.
Dissolution and parentage proceedings encompass various financial and personal aspects of domestic relations that often require family law attorneys to navigate meticulously and thoroughly. This presentation will provide a synopsis of the significant issues that often arise in dissolution and parentage proceedings with minor children. We will discuss how courts determine custodial timeshares, including relocation, and determination of child support in relation to timeshare and parents income andor earning capacity. We will explain the method by which to analyze these issues and the factors to look for.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for attorneys. Other legal professionals may also benefit from attending.
- Best Interests of the Child Standard
- Gender-Neutral Standards
- Defining Legal vs. Physical Custody and Sole vs. Joint
- Child's Wishes as a Factor in Making Custody Orders
- Domestic Violence Findings and Its Effect on Custody
- Custody Evaluations/Parenting Plans
- Modification of Custody Orders
- Relocation Matters (Move-Away Cases) and Factors Considered in Such Matters.
- What Is Considered Income for the Purposes of Child Support?
- Deductions From Income
- Imputing Income to an Unemployed or Underemployed Parent
- Earning Capacity
- Weight Given to a New Partner's Income in Calculating Support
- Modification of Support Orders
- Child Support Arrearages
- Death of Either Party in Child Support Cases
- Limitation on Collecting on Support Judgments and Differing Views From State to State
- Title 4D Matters
Certification / Credits
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...