U.S. Reporting and Tax Obligations of Visa Holders
Gain an understanding of when a visa holder is subject to U.S. taxation.
Learn when a person is required to file a U.S. income tax return as a U.S. income tax resident reporting worldwide income and information returns reporting worldwide assets. You will also learn what exceptions exist to avoid classification as a U.S. resident and how to escape worldwide income and transfer taxation when otherwise qualifying as a U.S. resident.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for accountants, CPAs, CFOs, controllers, finance directors, tax managers, tax preparers, presidents, vice presidents, attorneys, and enrolled agents.
- A. S. Income Tax Resident – Substantial Presence Test
- Exempt Individuals
- Closer Connection Exception
- Income Tax Treaty Exception
- First and Last Years of U.S. Resident Status
- Foreign Information Reporting Requirements
Certification / Credits
Credits: CLE,Enrolled Agents ,CPE
- You will be able to define exempt individuals.
- You will be able to describe the closer connection exception.
- You will be able to discuss the first and last years of U.S. resident status.
- You will be able to explain foreign information reporting requirements.
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...