Impact and Prevention of Tax Identity Theft
Gain a better understanding of tax identity theft, how to prevent it and what to do if your client is affected. Tax-related identity theft is at epidemic proportions. It threatens not only taxpayers and tax professionals, but the viability of the tax system as a whole. This topic provides a background on current tax-related identity theft and refund fraud trends. The topic discusses best practices for protecting against identity theft, and explains the programs and procedures that are available to assist victims of tax-related identity theft. The content also provides an overview of the IRS’s efforts to combat identity theft and the steps that it has taken to protect taxpayers.
Who should attend?
- Identity Theft Overview
- The Scale of the Problem
- Common and Current Schemes
- Data Breach UpdateIdentity Theft Trends and Updates
- A Macro View of Identity Theft Refund Fraud Statistics
- How to Recognize Tax-Related ID Theft
- Current IRS Programs
- Legislative UpdatePreventing, Detecting, and Combating Identity Theft
- The IRS Approach to the Problem
- The Tools and Programs That Are Available to Taxpayers
- Best Practices to Prevent Identity Theft
- Victim Assistance and the Steps That That Taxpayer or Tax Professional Should Take to Fix an Identity Theft
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...