Gatekeeping Strategies for Administrative Assistants
Learn key strategies to better serve as a gatekeeper, allowing access when needed but preventing unnecessary interruptions.
It almost seems like a gatekeeper role is old-fashioned and unnecessary, but the truth is, you are the protector of your executive’s time and attention. Your role is critical in helping your executive to focus on the highest priority tasks without interruption. How do you keep the world at bay when others are constantly developing new strategies to bypass you? What do you do when your boss is one of the most challenging elements of the process? This topic will help administrative and executive assistants to fully embrace their role as gatekeepers.
You will learn key strategies to better serve as a gatekeeper, allowing access when needed but preventing unnecessary interruptions. You will be confident in your decisions and actions because you will better understand how important your part is in the company. We will also identify the tactics that others most commonly use to try to bypass us and develop our own tactics to prevent it from happening.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for
- administrative assistants
- executive assistants
- office administrators
- office managers and other administrative professionals.
What the Gatekeeper Role Entails
- Why Gatekeepers Are Still Needed in This Day and Age
- The Key Functions Included Under the Gatekeeper Role
- How Gatekeepers Support and Protect Their Executives
Embracing Your Role as Gatekeeper
- Becoming Familiar With Your Company's Policies
- Establishing Basic Ground Rules With Your Executive
- Identifying the Key Personnel That May Pass
Tactfully Blocking People
- Establishing Who Needs to Be Blocked
- Developing Strategies for Protecting Your Executive's Time
- Learning How to Say No
- Where to Draw the Line During Tense Situations
What You Are Facing as a Gatekeeper
- How Some Individuals Conspire to Bypass You, Including Perhaps, Your Executive
- Identifying Key Tactics Used to Work Around You
- Recognizing When You Can't Block Everything
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...