Fundamentals of Physician Compensation
Get assistance in clarifying and understanding fair market value standards when considering physician compensation.
Many hospitals and/or physicians do not fully understand the regulations that pertain to the Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, or how important it is to understand compensation for a physician at a fair market value level. This topic will provide assistance in clarifying and understanding fair market value standards in considering physician compensation, how to structure physician compensation arrangements which are compliant with the Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute and the key factors in considering fair market value assessments in order to avoid violations resulting in potential penalties and fines.
If financial arrangements are not fair market value or commercially reasonable severe fines and penalties can be imposed. If the government can prove that the parties intended to induce referrals through such financial arrangements then criminal sanctions, including imprisonment, can also be imposed.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for
- human resource managers
- payroll professionals
- benefits administrators
- business owners and managers
- CFOs and controllers.
Ensuring Your Hospital Has Defensible Fair Market Value Analysis Process
- Understanding the Definition of the Fair Market Value Analysis Process
- How to Structure the Process of a Fair Market Value Analysis
- How to Establish a Defensible Fair Market Value Analysis
Must Organizations Start to Focus on Commercial Reasonableness When Analyzing Fair Market Value?
- Due to Regulatory Requirements and Changes in the Law, Health Care Organizations Need to Have Knowledge of the Regulatory Statutes When Considering the Commercial Reasonableness in a Fair Market Value Assessment
- Regular Review of Financial Arrangements to Verifying Financial Arrangements Are Commercially Reasonable and Compliant With the Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statutes
How Will Organizations Address Fair Market Value in the Move From Volume to Value?
- Identify the Key Factors in Evaluating a Fair Market Value With Transition From Volume to Value
- Recognize Non-Productivity Quality Indicators
Specific Case Study Discussions of Documenting Fair Market Value for Physician Supervision/Collaboration, Administrative Services, Team-Based Models of Care and More
- Lessons Learned From Recent Prosecutions, Rulings and Settlements
- Consequences and Penalties for Failure to Report Violations
- Specific Strategies to Minimize the Risk of a Lawsuit
Certification / Credits
- You will be able to define quality indicators that influence a fair market value when transitioning from volume to value.
- You will be able to describe the implementation of a fair market value process
- You will be able to identify the elements of a fair market value analysis and what services may not be considered commercially reasonable.
- You will be able to recognize if a fair market value assessment is commercially reasonable in relation to the proposed compensation arrangement.
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...