Best Practices in ADA, FMLA, and Workers' Compensation
Learn to effectively recognize your obligations and appropriately address FMLA and ADA issues as they arise.
Many employers are subject to federal provisions under the Family and Medical Leave Act and Americans with Disabilities Act. They are often subject to state Workers Compensation laws as well. Employers must understand how these laws interact and their responsibilities and obligations under these laws to their employees. Failure to implement the appropriate policies, meet these obligations, or keep necessary documentation can result in lawsuits, fines, or other penalties. This course will help those responsible for implementing leave, tracking applications, documentation, and monitoring leave use for potential abuse to effectively recognize their obligations and appropriately address these issues as they arise.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for human resource and benefits professionals, safety directors, risk managers, compliance officers, insurance professionals, business owners and managers, accountants, controllers, and attorneys.
Basics of FMLA, ADA, and Workers' Compensation
- The Basics of FMLA Leave – Amount, Qualification, and Requests
- Basics of ADA - Discrimination, Disability, and Reasonable Accommodations
- Basics of Workers' Compensation – State Level Only, Injuries, and Coverage
Intersection of Statutes
- Qualifying Disabilities – Leave, Accommodation, and Compensation
- Leave Provisions Among the Statutes
Abuse or Suspected Abuse
- Abuse of Leave Under FMLA, ADA, and Workers' Compensation
- Workers' Compensation
Retaliation and Other Considerations
- Timing Considerations
Certification / Credits
Credits: CLE, HR Certification Institute ,CPE ,SHRM
- You will be able to describe the requirements and applicability for leave under the FMLA.
- You will be able to discuss when reasonable accommodations may be required for an employee with a disability.
- You will be able to explain the general requirements for providing workers' compensation.
- You will be able to recognize when abuse of leave may require intervention.
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...