Alternatives to Reductions in Force
Understand the practical and legal arguments for considering alternatives to layoffs and learn about a number of potential alternatives.
Layoffs result in adverse publicity, loss of business goodwill, decreased morale for remaining employees, and increased legal claims and costs. While the pandemic has caused many employers to consider reductions in force to respond to the uncertain business environment, there are compelling business and legal reasons to consider alternatives. This topic will address the practical and legal arguments for considering alternatives to layoffs and address a number of potential alternatives, including job sharing, reducing hours, pay reductions, unpaid leaves of absence, voluntary retirement programs and discuss the legal implications of the various options.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for
- human resource managers
- benefits administrators
- personnel managers
- compensation managers
- payroll professionals
- insurance professionals and attorneys.
The Practical Reasons to Consider Alternatives to Reductions in Force
The Legal Reasons to Consider Alternatives to Reductions in Force
Feasible Alternatives to Reductions In Force
- Job Sharing
- Reduced Hours - Considerations for Exempt and Nonexempt Employees
- Voluntary Retirement
- Unpaid Leave of Absence
- Pay Reduction
- Hiring Freeze/Reduction Through Attrition
- Better Management/Discipline of Chronic Poor Performers
Certification / Credits
- You will be able to discuss the practical reasons to consider alternatives to reductions in force.
- You will be able to review the legal reasons to consider alternatives to reductions in force.
- You will be able to identify feasible alternatives to reductions in force.
- You will be able to define job sharing.
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...