Expanding Your Influence - Understanding the Psychology of Persuasion
Ever had trouble persuading someone to do something, even if it was in their best interest? Why is it some people can get others to do something with ease, while for others it seems like it's an uphill battle? Sometimes people don't seem to want to budge, having the power to persuade and influence others in a positive, ethical, non-confrontational manner is a priceless skill. 'Expanding Your Influence', will provide the skills and knowledge needed to influence others when you're at the "pivot point' between influence and directing simply by applying scientifically confirmed methods. You'll master simple, yet incredibly effective, techniques for getting others to do what you want them to do. Packed with practical how-to's, real-life techniques, and step-by-step strategies, this program offers invaluable methods for persuading, negotiating, and gaining favor with clients, colleagues, friends, and family. Whether you're asking for a raise, closing a critical deal, or selling colleagues on a proposal, you'll be amazed by your newfound persuasive power. Influence, Persuasion, Communication, Leadership, and Supervision.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Who Should Attend
Anyone who wishes to have the ability to effectively and ethically influence others to accomplish a task or move in a direction they wish for them to do. Whether it be a task, a change in behavior, making a decision, or adopting an idea. The Power of Influence will give you the knowledge and skills needed to do so.
What You Will Take Away
- Two undeniable truths of persuasion
- Three success factors when influencing others
- A Pre-Persuasion Checklist to determine the appropriate method of persuasion for a given situation
- What to do before, during and after every time you intend to persuade
- Seven scientific psychological principles of persuasion
- The triggers of persuasion which seem to reside in the reptilian brain
Course delivery details
Available on-site programming.
Certification / Credits
How You Will Benefit
- Explore the psychology behind persuasion
- Understand the psychological/subconscious triggers that influence a person's decisionmaking process, behaviors and reactions
- Words have meaning. How and when you use the can have a significant influence on you success influencing.
- How best to prepare to influence using the Pre-Persuasion Checklist
- Know why people resist being 'sold'
- It's not the 'Art & Science' of being right. It's the 'Art & Science' of getting what you want
Why choose LDi?
Vast catalog of courses in professional and personal development
We dedicate our time to each client tailoring to their specific needs. Our core values speak for themselves.
Our instructors are subject matter experts with proven experience in their training topics.