There are certain skills you need to become a successful “Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages” (TESOL). Also commonly known by the acronym’s TEFL and TESL are used interchangeably. The ICI TESOL Program helps you acquire the necessary skills quickly and conveniently.
How Will You Benefit?
- Fast track your career in teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL)
- Learn the inside secrets of how to become a TESOL pro in months not years!
- Study a TESOL course that was designed in conjunction with senior members of the TESOL education community
- Free up valuable time, don’t waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor
- Easy interest-free payment plans from as low as $39 per week
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
There are no previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
- Teaching methods
- Classroom management
- English systems, skills and spelling
- Planning lessons
- Productive skills, speaking and writing
- Receptive skills, listening and reading
- Teaching grammar
- Teaching vocabulary, meaning and context
- Phonology of English, teaching pronunciation and the phonemic script
- Visual aids, activities and games
- Testing for the EFL – ESL student
- Culture and the EFL – ESL classroom
- Professional development and employment
Course delivery details
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you’ll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
- Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
- The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
Certification / Credits
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications as a TESOL teacher
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipTESOL
The English language is in ever-increasing demand throughout the world. Knowledge of the English language and the ability to use this language is rapidly becoming a valuable global commodity.
Why choose ICI?
98% happy with tutorial support
91% would recommend to a friend
Free careers service
Start your new career today with ICI's Distance Learning & Home Study courses
The International Career Institute (ICI), provides career development online courses for individuals and businesses, helping professionals across all industries to build and improve their skills and career performance. The International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading provider of distance education. Using...