Real Estate Economics and Finance
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from The London School of Economics and Political Science
The Real Estate Economics and Finance online certificate course prepares you to critically evaluate property investment options and make informed decisions based on sound economic and financial theories and research. Through these lenses, you’ll explore the functioning of urban real estate markets with guidance from the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) faculty and industry experts. You’ll also learn how to use different techniques to value property and how those valuations and portfolio considerations are used to make informed real estate investment decisions.
Over eight weeks, you’ll explore sustainable real estate practices and their value, as well as how best to fund the purchase of a property. At the end of the course, you will have completed a capstone project, demonstrating your ability to apply the theoretical frameworks you develop during the course to inform your assessment of property development and real estate opportunities.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Is this course for you?
This course is aimed at those interested in estate and property management, property investment, and property development. It has wide, international application and will be valuable to professionals from a range of backgrounds who wish to better understand the real estate market.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course, and no prior knowledge of real estate is required. However, good numeracy skills will be needed, as well as basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel. A financial calculator is not needed.
Learn to assess a property based on its income-generating potential as you work through the weekly modules of this online certificate course.
The economies of cities
Understanding the supply and demand for real estate markets
Real estate cycles
Pricing characteristics of properties
Fundamentals of finance and property valuation
Real estate investments
Sustainable real estate
Course delivery details
- 8 weeks (excluding orientation)
- 7-10 hours per week Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
- Learn how to inform practical real estate investment decisions and earn a certificate of competence from the London School of Economics and Political Science – a world-leading social science university.
- Assessment is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with a certificate, you’ll need to meet the requirements outlined in the course handbook. The handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin the course.
- Your certificate will be issued in your legal name and sent to you upon successful completion of the online certificate course, as per the stipulated requirements.
What will set you apart
On completion of this course, you’ll walk away with:
- Valuable insights from real estate experts and university faculty.
- A holistic overview of the real estate market with key takeaways encompassing both economic and finance perspectives.
- An understanding of the concept of sustainability in real estate and how it can contribute to investment returns.
- The ability to use theoretical frameworks to inform practical real estate investment decision-making.
- Unlimited access to 2U’s Career Engagement Network, offering you exclusive resources and events to support your professional journey and drive a successful career in real estate forward.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...