Public Policy Analysis
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from The London School of Economics and Political Science
In the context of an increasingly connected and complex world, it is vital to be able to analyse and anticipate the impact of public policy and evaluate interventions to make more informed, evidence-based policy decisions and recommendations.
The Public Policy Analysis online certificate course from the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) merges research, theory, and practice, as it empowers participants with analytical frameworks for understanding the policy process. Over the course of 10 weeks, you’ll gain the quantitative tools and techniques needed to conduct evidence-based public policy impact evaluations and develop effective policy communication skills.
Benefit from this multidisciplinary approach to public policy and practice your skills by engaging with real-world, global case studies. Guided by expert LSE faculty with topical research experience across a variety of policy areas in Europe, Africa, and the United States, you’ll develop practical skills and strategies for immediate application in policy-related projects, or within your organisation.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Is this course for you?
This course, developed by LSE’s School of Public Policy, is relevant for professionals working in public policy. Policy makers, civil servants, NGO staff, and individuals in public and private sector organisations seeking to influence public policy and better understand their current roles within policy formulation will find it beneficial. Those in the public sector, non-profit, consultancies, and think tanks – who want to enhance their impact by critically engaging with public policy, employing evidence-based impact evaluations, and developing the insight to make policy recommendations and decisions – will also benefit from this course.
Build practical skills and frameworks for responding to public policy challenges as you work through the weekly modules of this online certificate course.
The importance and goals of public policy
Individuals and strategic interactions
Institutions and public policy
Quantitative skills for public policy
Public policy processes
Representation, accountability, and public policy
The politics of public policy
Challenges for public policy
Course delivery details
- 10 weeks (excluding orientation)
- 7-10 hours per week Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
- Learn to analyse and respond to public policy challenges and earn an official certificate of competence from the London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Assessment is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with a certificate, you’ll need to meet the requirements outlined in the course handbook. The handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin the course.
- Your certificate will be issued in your legal name and sent to you upon successful completion of the course, as per the stipulated requirements.
What will set you apart
On completion of this course, you’ll walk away with:
- Practical skills and techniques that can be immediately applied to a policy-related project, or within your business.
- The ability to meaningfully engage with public policy principles, processes, challenges, and interventions using analytical frameworks.
- The confidence to perform evidence-based policy impact evaluations and make better, more informed decisions.
- The tools to make persuasive recommendations to policy stakeholders or a policy organisation.
- Unlimited access to 2U’s Career Engagement Network, offering you exclusive resources and events to support your professional journey and drive your career forward.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...