Private Markets Investments Programme
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from University of Oxford
In recent years, the private equity industry has experienced unprecedented success, with a record amount of money raised, invested, and returned to investors. 1
However, the techniques are specific to the sector and a nuanced understanding of the processes, terminology, and legal frameworks is essential for anyone looking to operate within it.
This Oxford Private Markets Investments Programme will help you build on your existing financial industry experience to broaden your knowledge of this niche sector.
Gain access and insight into the world of private markets, and learn the necessary skills to capitalise on new opportunities.
Who should attend?
Is this programme for you?
This programme is designed for finance professionals looking to take advantage of career opportunities in the emerging private market sector and upskill in order to remain competitive in the industry. If you’re a banker, investor, fund manager, analyst, trader, accountant, consultant, regulator or business journalist, you’ll benefit by broadening your knowledge of this niche but growing area of finance, and gain entry into the highly specialised world of private markets.
Throughout the duration of the programme, you’ll interact with the private market data source Preqin.
Gain access and insight into the world of private markets, and learn the necessary skills to capitalise on new opportunities as you work through the weekly modules of this online programme.
Welcome to your Online Campus
Become fluent in the language of private markets
Private asset acquisition and management
Structuring investment vehicles
Performance evaluation for private investments
Asset owners: Role models in asset allocation
Megatrends and the future of private markets
Course delivery details
- 6 weeks Excluding orientation
- 7–10 hours per week Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
- Get recognised for your knowledge when you earn a certificate of attendance from Oxford Saïd and use it to set yourself apart as a financial professional with the ability to navigate the private market investments ecosystem.
- Participants who successfully complete the programme will also join the official Oxford Executive Education Alumni LinkedIn group – a closed networking group for all alumni of Open, Online, and Executive Education Programmes from Oxford Saïd.
- *This is an official Saïd Business School, University of Oxford alumni group for online and executive programmes.
- This Oxford Private Markets Investments Programme is certified by the United Kingdom CPD Certification Service, and may be applicable to individuals who are members of, or are associated with, UK-based professional bodies. The programme has an estimated 60 hours of learning.
What will set you apart
On completion of this programme, you’ll walk away with:
- The tools to operate confidently and knowledgeably within the evolving sector of private market investments.
- The ability to assess, acquire, and add value to private assets, navigate the deals process, and compile an investment memorandum.
- The knowledge needed to negotiate a debt package or limited partner agreement, and implement a private market strategy.
- A contextual grounding in real-world events and the skills to analyse current reports to ascertain returns from assets and funds.
- Unlimited access to both the official Oxford Executive Education Alumni group on LinkedIn and 2U’s Career Engagement Network, offering you exclusive resources and events to support your professional journey and drive your career forward.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...