Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from The London School of Economics and Political Science
To effectively drive organisational success, business leaders and managers across functions require a firm grasp of finance. It’s a key component to understanding how an organisation operates, and these professionals need to be commercially-minded to participate in financial discussions and decision-making.
The Managerial Finance online certificate course from LSE equips you with a practical grounding in modern finance. Over the course of six short weeks, you’ll develop the tools to understand corporate finance, financial statements and reports, and fundamentals such as the time value of money. You’ll also learn how to apply these to your business context through forecasting methods, project evaluation, realistic performance plans, and the monitoring of financial outcomes. Increase your managerial impact with stronger financial insight, and make more informed contributions to organisational discussions and decisions.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Is this course for you?
As employees are promoted to more senior positions or management, these new roles often call for greater financial accountability. This online certificate course focuses on providing vital corporate finance knowledge and skills to non-financial managers, and is geared towards anyone in a managerial or leadership position – as well as those aspiring towards one. You’ll develop your commercial acumen, as well as a practical understanding of the dynamic between a company's finances and its non-financial departments and projects.
Gain crucial finance skills and learn to identify business opportunities as you work through the weekly modules of this online certificate course.
Financial statement analysis
Discounted cash flow analysis
Valuing entire companies
Course delivery details
- 6 weeks (excluding orientation)
- 8-12 hours per week Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
- Grow your knowledge of managerial finance, online over six weeks, and earn an official certificate of competence from the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE).
- Assessment is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with a certificate, you’ll need to meet the requirements outlined in the course handbook. The handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin the course.
- Your certificate will be issued in your legal name and sent to you upon successful completion of the course, as per the stipulated requirements.
What will set you apart
On completion of this course, you’ll walk away with:
- A financial toolkit that will assist you in making strategic managerial and business decisions in the modern work environment.
- An understanding of financial reports, enabling you to analyse the financial health of an organisation and budget for future success.
- The ability to apply valuation principles and techniques to companies.
- Unlimited access to 2U’s Career Engagement Network, offering you exclusive resources and events to support your professional journey and drive your career forward.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...