Facilitating Strategic Planning
Most successful organizations recognize how important strategic planning is for ensuring all resources are aligned towards a specific objective. Yet many clients we work with suffer from ‘SPOTS’ phenomenon Strategic Plan On The Shelf! There are many reasons why plans fail or are ‘shelved’ and much of it has to do with a lack of key stakeholder involvement, the process for planning is cumbersome, and a lack of buy-in for cascading, maintaining, and sustaining the plan.
Our Strategic Planning Workshop delves into a proven, seven-step planning process and hones the facilitation skills required to collaboratively create and successfully implement strategies that will have the power to shape the future of your organization.
You’ll learn how to prepare, design and facilitate a proven strategic planning process that Facilitation First professional facilitators have used with many of their clients. We’ll investigate how to build buy-in, avoid leader or participant sabotage and lack of accountability, and practice key elements in the process.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- North America
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Facilitating Meetings With Ease or Facilitating Meetings That Work(or comparable foundation facilitation skills training)
Use this code to receive 10% off our public enrollment courses or your first in-house delivery (new clients only). The code is FINDCOURSES10.
Certification / Credits
At the end of this workshop, you will be better able to:
- Articulate why strategic planning is important
- Show up: The five facilitator core practices
- Identify critical factors to consider for effectively prepping for your sessions
- Define your client’s expectations and responsibilities up front to ensure better buy-in and accountability
- Determine the right strategic planning team
- Utilize step-by-step process notes for virtual or in-person facilitation of strategic planning
- Successfully open the event
- Use tools for facilitating an analysis of the current, future states and respective gaps
- Convert gaps into strategic goals, metrics and strategies
- Operationalize your key strategic goals into ultimately a tangible annual plan
- Choose from a set of concrete ideas for cascading, monitoring and sustaining the plan going forward
Why choose Facilitation First?
Facilitation First has been developing great meeting leaders since 1991
Over 10,000 satisfied learners indicate they would recommend our workshops to their colleagues
Facilitation First Trainers are Master Meeting Facilitators
Contact this provider
Facilitation First Inc
For over thirty years, Facilitation First has been top of mind for companies requiring Facilitation Skills Training and Professional Facilitation Services. We specialize in helping leaders and subject matter experts transition to the role of meeting facilitator, where a structured...