Online - Master of Engineering (Mechanical)
This Online Master of Engineering Mechanical qualification will equip you with the necessary skills to address the demands of the modern mechanical engineering industry. Students with a background in mechanical, instrumentation & control, electrical, or industrial plant and systems engineering will be particularly well-placed to benefit from this program as it is designed to prepare you for further career development in the mechanical design and maintenance industries. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in mechanical engineering.
The Online Master of Engineering (Mechanical) addresses the specific core competencies and associated knowledge and aptitudes required of mechanical engineers. The program will provide you with the requisite skills in mechanical engineering technology and maintenance to take advantage of these growing needs in the industry. Ultimately the degree will imbue graduates with the confidence required of professional and proficient mechanical engineers.
Who should attend?
To gain entry into this program, we require applicants to hold:
- A recognized 3-year bachelor degree* in an engineering qualification in a congruent** field of practice; OR
- An EIT Bachelor of Science (Engineering) degree* in a congruent** field of practice; OR
- A 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent) that is recognized under the Washington Accord or by Engineers Australia, in a congruent**, or a different field of practice at the discretion of the Admissions Committee; OR
- A 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent)* that is not recognized under the Washington Accord, in a congruent** field of practice to this program; AND
- An appropriate level of English Language Proficiency equivalent to an English pass level in an Australian Senior Certificate of Education, or an IELTS score of 6.0 (with no individual band less than 6.0***), or equivalent as outlined in the EIT Admissions Policy.
- Materials for Engineers
- Heat Transfer
- Industrial Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Pumps, Compressors, Turbines and Drives
- Process Engineering
- Professional Engineering Management
- Advanced Fluid Dynamics
- Industrial Gas Turbines
- Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing
- Finite Element Method
- Engineering Practice and Key Research Methodologies
- Introduction to Aerodynamics
- Project Thesis
Course delivery details
Our master’s degrees take two years to complete. We deliver our online master’s degrees on a part-time intensive basis. Part-time students are expected to spend approximately 20 hours per week learning the program material and completing assessments. This includes attending tutorials.
The learning journey culminates with a project which integrates the knowledge acquired during the program. You will gain an accurate understanding of the content, and the process will exercise your creativity and design-thinking capabilities. Employers hold those who possess these skills in high regard, and graduates can expect a significant advantage when interacting with employers, clients, consultants, and fellow engineering peers.
The Project Thesis, the capstone of the program, requires a high level of personal autonomy and accountability, as it reinforces the knowledge and skill base developed in the previous units. As a significant research component of the program, this project will facilitate research, critical evaluation, and the application of knowledge and skills with creativity and initiative, enabling you to critique current professional practice in the mechanical engineering industry.
- Per 3CP Unit USD $1,410.00
- Per 12CP Unit (ME700) USD $5,641.00
- Total Course Fees USD $22,564.00
Certification / Credits
Like all Australian higher education providers and universities, EIT programs are accredited by the exacting standards of the Australian Government’s Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA).
Potential job roles include engineering and management positions in the following areas of expertise:
- Mechanical engineering design and consultation
- Supply chain management, quality assurance, and sales
- Operations, field services, and technical support
- Oil & gas
- Industrial project management and business development
- Maintenance and condition monitoring
- Automotive engineering
- Aeronautical engineering
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Cities/councils and water corporation
Contact this provider
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is one of the only higher education providers in the world specializing in engineering and is fully accredited by the exacting standards of the Australian Government, giving you access to world class, industry-oriented education....