Graduate Certificate in Mechanical Engineering
The Graduate Certificate in Mechanical Engineering is a postgraduate qualification that includes masters level units as part of the program. This graduate certificate will equip you with the necessary skills to address the demands of the modern mechanical engineering industry. Students with a background in mechanical, instrumentation & control, electrical, or industrial plant and systems engineering will be particularly well-placed to benefit from this program as it is designed to prepare you for further career development in the mechanical design and maintenance industries. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in mechanical engineering.
Who should attend?
- Hold a recognized bachelor degree (or above) in engineering or science in a congruent field of practice,
- Have completed the equivalent of first-year Bachelor level mathematics, or are able to demonstrate recognized relevant work experience.
- Have an appropriate level of English Language Proficiency at an English pass level in an Australian Senior Certificate of Education, or an IELTS score of 6.0 (with no individual band less than 6.0), or equivalent as outlined in the EIT Admissions Policy.
- Materials for Engineers
- Heat Transfer
- Industrial Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Pumps, Compressors, Turbines and Drives
Course delivery details
Our graduate certificates take six months to complete. We deliver our online graduate certificates on a part-time intensive basis. Part-time Students are expected to spend approximately 10-15 hours per week per unit learning the program material and completing assessments. This includes attending tutorials.
The Graduate Certificate in Mechanical Engineering addresses the specific core competencies and associated knowledge and aptitudes required of mechanical engineers. The program will provide you with the requisite skills in mechanical engineering technology and maintenance to take advantage of these growing needs in the industry. Ultimately the program will imbue graduates with the confidence required of professional and proficient mechanical engineers.
Employers hold those who possess these skills in high regard, and graduates can expect a significant advantage when interacting with employers, clients, consultants, and fellow engineering peers.
Certification / Credits
Like all Australian higher education providers and universities, EIT programs are accredited by the exacting standards of the Australian Government’s Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). This Graduate Certificate is a formally recognized qualification under the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Potential job roles include engineering and management positions in the following areas of expertise:
- Mechanical engineering design and consultation
- Supply chain management, quality assurance, and sales
- Operations, field services, and technical support
- Oil & gas
- Industrial project management and business development
- Maintenance and condition monitoring
- Automotive engineering
- Aeronautical engineering
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Cities/councils and water corporation
Contact this provider
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is one of the only higher education providers in the world specializing in engineering and is fully accredited by the exacting standards of the Australian Government, giving you access to world class, industry-oriented education....