52885WA Advanced Diploma of Biomedical EngineeringEngineering Institute of Technology
52885WA Advanced Diploma of Biomedical Engineering
All available course dates
52885WA Advanced Diploma of Biomedical Engineering
This advanced diploma is delivered with a strong practical focus. Upon completion of this program, students emerge from the course able to demonstrate specialized and integrated technical and theoretical knowledge, with considerable depth, in subject matter related to biomedical engineering.
Who should attend?
Student applications are considered on a case-by-case basis and the following minimum entry requirements are to be strictly adhered to:
- Applicants must have at least a Year 12 or Cert III trade qualification or equivalent in a related field; AND
- They must have at least 2 years’ work experience in a related field OR
- At least 4 years’ work experience in a related field – subject to acceptance of an application for Credit to Entry ** AND
- Satisfactory English language proficiency at an English pass level in a Senior Certificate of Education or equivalent; OR
- A specified level of achievement in a recognized English language test such as: IELTS (or equivalent) at a score of at least 5.5 (with no individual band score less than 5.0); or equivalent;OR
- Satisfactory completion of another course offered by EIT, or by another tertiary institution, in English
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Perform Technical and Specification Writing
- Engineering Drawings
- Power Electronics and Power Supplies
- Shielding, EMC/EMI, Noise Reduction and Grounding/earthing
- Embedded Microcontrollers
- Troubleshooting Electronics Components and Circuits
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Perform Biomedical Modelling and Simulation
- Anatomy and Physiology for Engineers
- Fundamentals of ICT and Networking for Biomedical Engineers and Technicians
- Apply the Fundamentals of Professional Engineering Practice
- Biomedical Equipment Design, Standards and Practices
- Biomedical Equipment – Monitoring, Diagnostic and Service Delivery
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Medical Imaging Devices and Image Processing
- Biomechanics and Assistive Technology
- Emerging Technology and Innovation in Biomedical Engineering
Course delivery details
You are expected to spend approximately 10-15 hours per week learning the program material and completing assessments. This includes attending weekly webinars that run for about 90 minutes to facilitate class discussion and allow you to ask questions. This program is run online on an intensive part-time basis and has been designed to fit around full-time work. It will take 18 months to complete.
Graduates will have the knowledge and skills to contribute to the capacity of biomedical engineering and related industries to maintain their competitiveness in a global marketplace through the application of the latest technologies, value adding to existing products, processes, and services, and the development of new, sustainable and innovative solutions.
This practical program avoids too much emphasis on theory. The lecturers presenting this advanced diploma are highly experienced engineers who have worked in the biomedical engineering industry. The delivery methodology — live and interactive webinars with the use of state-of-the-art technologies such as remote and virtual laboratories and simulation software — ensures you graduate with cutting-edge skills that are valued by employers around the world.
Certification / Credits
This qualification is officially accredited within the Australian Qualifications Framework by the Training Accreditation Council (TAC), and EIT is approved by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) for delivery by EIT in all Australian states. EIT delivers this program to students worldwide.
This advanced diploma is also accredited by Engineers Australia under the Dublin Accord. It is internationally recognized under the International Engineering Alliance (IEA) accords and the various signatories.
- Skills in the latest mechanical engineering technologies
- Practical guidance from experts in the field
- Global networking contacts in the industry
- Improved career prospects and income
- A world class Advanced Diploma of Mechanical Engineering Technology
As engineering paraprofessionals, graduates will be able to:
- Evaluate contemporary issues in mechanical engineering practice
- Formulate engineering solutions suited to hydraulic and pneumatic applications
- Differentiate and justify appropriate mechanical engineering technologies for process control systems
- Assist with the development of appropriate procedures necessary to operate and maintain mechanical equipment and process instrumentation
- Understand the application of engineering principles, processes and systems
- Manage self-autonomy to achieve objectives and develop knowledge of professional practice in engineering
- Communicate professionally and effectively
- Prepare complex technical information and concepts to plan, communicate and implement solutions to a range of engineering environment and contexts
- Field Service Technician
- Medical Equipment Service Technician
- Engineering Technician
- Instrumentation Technician
- Medical Sales Technician
- Engineering Associate
- Maintenance Technician
About Engineering Institute of Technology
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is one of the only higher education providers in the world specializing in engineering and is fully accredited by the exacting standards of the Australian Government, giving you access to world class, industry-oriented education....
Contact this provider
Engineering Institute of Technology
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team