52867WA Advanced Diploma of Industrial Data Communication, Networking and IT
In today’s world, there is a growing shortage of industrial data communications and industrial IT engineers, technologists and technicians. This is due to new technologies taking center stage in modern plants, factories and offices. This course provides you a through understanding of modern industrial data communication technologies underpinned by practical, hands-on experience and expertise from our global industry experienced instructors.
Who should attend?
- Applicants must have at least a Cert III trade qualification or equivalent in a related field; AND
- They must have at least 2 years’ work experience in a related field; OR
- At least 4 years’ work experience in a related field – subject to acceptance of an application for Credit to Entry;** AND
- Satisfactory English language proficiency at an English pass level in a Senior Certificate of Education or equivalent; OR
- A specified level of achievement in a recognised English language test such as: IELTS (or equivalent) at a score of at least 5.5 (with no individual band score less than 5.0); or TOEFL equivalent; OR
- Satisfactory completion of another course offered by EIT, or by another tertiary institution, in English.
- Physical Media
- Industrial Data Communications
- Design Basic Industrial Ethernet Networks
- Wireless Communication Systems
- TCP/IP and VoIP
- Routers and Switches
- Field Buses
- DNP3 and IEC 60870-5 for SCADA
- Create PLC Programs Using IEC 61131-3
- SCADA and Data Acquisition
- E-Manufacturing, MESs, and Supply Chain Management
- Apply the Fundamentals of Professional Engineering Practice
- Industrial Network Security
- Create Web Pages using Current Technology
- Create C++ Programs
- Build, Query and Manipulate SQL Databases
- Administer Windows Server
- Technology, Sustainability and Future of Society
Course delivery details
You are expected to spend approximately 10-15 hours per week learning the program material and completing assessments. This includes attending weekly webinars that run for about 90 minutes to facilitate class discussion and allow you to ask questions. This program is run online on a part-time basis and has been designed to fit around full-time work. It will take 18 months to complete.
This program aims to impart the necessary industrial data communications skills, and all the theory covered is tied to a practical outcome. Four threads run through the program to give you maximum, functional coverage in the field of industrial data communications. These threads comprise of data communications, networking and protocols, SCADA, PLCs and data acquisition, project management for industrial data communications and IT, and industrial IT and programming.
Graduates will emerge from the course able to demonstrate specialized and integrated technical and theoretical knowledge, with considerable depth, in the area of Data Communication, Networking, and Information Technology.#BBD0E0»
Certification / Credits
This qualification is officially accredited within the Australian Qualifications Framework by the Training Accreditation Council (TAC), and EIT is approved by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) for delivery by EIT in all Australian states. EIT delivers this program to students worldwide.
- Skills in the latest electrical and instrumentation technologies in mining
- Practical guidance from experts in the field
- Global networking contacts in the industry
- Improved career prospects and income
- A world class Advanced Diploma of Industrial Data Communication, Networking and IT
As engineering paraprofessionals, graduates will be able to:
- Implement and utilise engineering solutions to a diverse field in any organisation
- Analyse, diagnose, plan, design and execute solutions with respect to Data Communications, Networking, Protocols, SCADA, PLCs, Data Acquisition, Industrial IT and Programming
- Prepare complex technical information and concepts to plan, communicate and implement solutions to a range of engineering environment and contexts
- Integrate and solve interdisciplinary engineering systems
- Manage complex projects on time and within budget
- Manage self-autonomy within an organization to achieve objectives that have outputs based on engineering applications
Contact this provider
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is one of the only higher education providers in the world specializing in engineering and is fully accredited by the exacting standards of the Australian Government, giving you access to world class, industry-oriented education....