Unlocking Investment and Finance in Emerging Markets and Developing Economies (EMDEs)
This course assesses how to unlock investment and finance of all kinds- international, domestic, public and private - including the $100 trillion in assets under management by institutional investors globally, to achieve the SDGs by 2030. Progress to date will be reviewed and participants will be invited to discuss additional actions needed to accelerate investments and finance in EMDEs.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Scaling Investment and Finance in EMDEs
- Understanding the global context of investment and finance opportunities in EMDEs.
- How the international development finance system catalyzes resources from all available sources for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- The business-model of multilateral development banks (MDBs).
- Adopting a Maximizing Finance for Development (MFD) approach.
- Emerging trends and innovations in investment and finance.
Strengthening Financing Strategies for Governments
- The role of aid, public finance, and policy in investment and development.
- Strengthening national government financing strategies in EMDEs.
- Channeling domestic resources for strategic investments.
- Strengthening accountability and transparency.
- Tackling illicit financial flows.
Unlocking Private Investment Opportunities in EMDEs
- Sizing up investment opportunities.
- Sources of private investment capital.
- Actions needed to remove obstacles to investments.
- Working with multilateral development banks to derisk investments.
Building Robust Financial Markets and Institutions in EMDEs
- How international and domestic financial systems affect investment and finance flows.
- Incentivizing long-term investments through financial systems and structures.
- The key attributes of a well-functioning financial system: depth, access, efficiency and stability.
- End of course special project, summary of highlights and wrap up.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through World Bank Group, a partner institute of EdX.
4-6 hours per week
- Verified Track -$5
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Learn from world leaders and experts in investment and finance in EMDEs.Featured speakers include presidents of multilateral development banks, and some of the world's leading asset managers, investors and consulting firms specialized in investment and finance in EMDEs.
- Access the latest information on investment and finance trends, innovations and results.The course provides access to cutting-edge investment and finance strategy resources, diagnostic tools, analysis and statistics on investment opportunities and trends, and progress with development finance goals.
- Collaborate with thousands of investment, finance, development and policy experts around the world.The course provides a global platform to collaborate and problem-solve with thousands of investment, finance, policy and development professionals around the world.
- Build your global investor and development professional network.Upon graduation, participants will be invited to join an international investment and finance professionals online network on LinkedIn.
- Earn a World Bank Group - edX certificate.Upon successful completion of the course, receive a certificate of completion to add to your LinkedIn profile and resume.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...