Understanding Venture Capitalists: How to Get Money for Your Start Up
Being an entrepreneur and creating a startup requires money. This money is essential to building a prototype, hiring a great team, and launching a new product or service. How do you raise money for your startup? Venture capitalists.
Introduction to Venture Capital will teach you how to get the money needed to run your startup. You will learn who venture capitalists are, how they think and gain an understanding of their motives, investment strategies, and what they’ll expect from you.
In addition to lectures you will get first hand inside knowledge from experienced entrepreneurs and venture capitalists on what it takes to successfully acquire money for your startup!
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
No mandatory prerequisites, but basic knowledge of Entrepreneurship and math is beneficial.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through RWTH Aachen University, a partner institute of EdX.
3-4 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- What a venture capitalist is and why they do what they do.
- How to select and pitch to a venture capitalist.
- Basic knowledge on valuation and negotiation techniques.
- What a Term Sheet is, its clauses, and possible pitfalls.
- What changes when a venture capitalist enters your company
- How, when, and why a venture capitalist exits your company and how it affects your and your team
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...