Thinking & Acting like an Entrepreneur
All of today’s well-known companies got started the exact same way: as an idea within someone’s head. While the idea itself is an important prerequisite for success, it was rather what these individuals did with it that enabled them to become the success that they are today. You can learn to think and act like these innovators too. This course helps you to turn your idea into a real-life business and make it a commercial success:
Find and assess your idea
- What does it actually mean to be entrepreneur?
- Are entrepreneurs born or made?
- How to actually find an idea to start a business?
Turn your idea into action
- How to deal with uncertainty?
- What are the core questions that I have to answer to make my idea successful?
- How to assemble the right team of people to help me get my idea off the ground?
Set yourself up to succeed
- How to know what my customers really expect?
- Do I have to stick to my original idea no matter what?
- What are typical traps into which entrepreneurs fall at the start of their career?
We will walk you through real-life examples of the entrepreneurial process to help you understand how it differs from that of established companies and how you can apply it for your own purposes. A series of homework exercises, tutorials and case studies will enable you to develop a perspective that goes beyond the theoretical scope to prepare you for actual situations.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
No mandatory prerequisites but successful completion of MTI001x,MTI002x and MTI003x is beneficial.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through RWTH Aachen University, a partner institute of EdX.
6-8 hours per week
- Verified Track -$119
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- How entrepreneurs discover their business ideas and determine their commercial potential
- How to distinguish entrepreneurial and managerial thought patterns
- The specific skill set required to launch a new venture
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...