Sustainable Supply Chains and Circularity
The SSCP01 course introduces learners to the foundations of both Sustainability and Supply Chain. As a current or future professional in either industry, the course provides general background on both Sustainability and Supply Chain. The main objective of the SSCP01 course is to show that Supply Chain Efficiency and Sustainable Innovation are not mutually exclusive, but rather complement each other when paired with correct strategies and business planning. An emphasis on initiatives guiding both economic and environmental performance will be visible throughout the course.
The course defines the Sustainable Supply Chain. The fundamental issues and obstacles to achieving efficient Global Supply Chains are highlighted to demonstrate the importance of planning and long term management. Circular Economy Models and techniques to shift the traditional linear Supply Chain into a closed-loop model are presented in SSCP01. SSCP01 highlights various International Sustainability Standard Frameworks and introduce learners to the importance of Sustainable Audits. Sustainable Audits will measure, account, and track current operations. SSCP01 includes unique Sustainable Standards around the globe and highlights the ongoing movement to promote social and economic welfare in developed and developing nations. Case Studies of corporate social responsibility initiatives, the role of partnerships, and examples of closed-loop innovations in Global Supply Chain are present in the course.
This course is one of the three ISCEA Sustainability Supply Chain courses offered on edX to prepare the leaners for the Globally Recognized, ISCEA Certified Sustainable Supply Chain Professional (CSSCP) Designation. To pursue the Official ISCEA CSSCP
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Basic Supply Chain or Sustainability Knowledge is Recommended.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through International Supply Chain Education Alliance, a partner institute of EdX.
2-8 hours per week
- Verified Track -$399
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Review and Define Foundational Sustainability Topics and Current Global Sustainability Goals
- Review Basic Supply Chain Principles, advance into the integration of Sustainability and Supply Chain Process
- Apply and include Sustainable Supply Chain Strategies and Processes
- Shift mindset from solely profit business-oriented to long term success and resilience, utilize beneficial partnerships and involve stakeholders
- Understand the fundamental issues that impede progress toward Sustainable Supply Chain flows
- To mitigate the challenges and obstacles within Supply Chains
- Understand and Utilize Circular Supply Chain models and lifecycle analysis toward circular economy
- Understand environmental impacts of Supply Chain: Reduce emissions and create value from traditional "waste"
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...