Climate change is an urgent global challenge demanding engineering solutions and large-scale, systems-oriented coordination. In Sustainable Energy, you’ll join thousands of global learners in examining conventional and renewable energy generation technologies, studying how they are deployed throughout the world, and evaluating their roles in the future energy landscape. Technologies include solar power, wind power, storage, nuclear power, hydropower, and bioenergy.
In addition to technological components, you’ll become familiar with the economic, political, and social dimensions of energy project planning. Professionals from diverse backgrounds must work together to determine pathways to decarbonization amidst scientific uncertainty and unique geopolitical challenges. You will be presented with advanced tools and strategies to explore pathways to decarbonization in specific contexts, and to build consensus among stakeholders.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
- Strong English skills recommended
- Ability to perform mathematical operations, study of calculus is helpful
- College-level study of physics, engineering, and/or environmental science is helpful
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Massachusetts Institute of Technology, a partner institute of EdX.
8-12 hours per week
- Verified Track -$199
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- How to critically evaluate key features, opportunities, and challenges associated with modern energy technologies, and understand how these factors shape their contributions to global decarbonization
- Use systems-level tools and skills to analyze the technological, economic, and socio-political dimensions of real-word energy projects
- Build consensus among involved stakeholders to achieve sustainability goals
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...