Sustainability in Architecture: An Interdisciplinary Introduction
This course offers an interdisciplinary approach to sustainabilityin Architecture. Learners will be introducedto the basic elements of sustainability assessments (first model layer), as well as trends informing the space today.
The coursework enables students to develop a conceptual neighborhood model for assessing performance and urban policies.
In the first week,participants willlearn todevelop a conceptual model from the architectural elements of buildings; the basic building blockof which will be theperformance of materials. The second weekexploresmethods of optimizing performance. Coursework willdetail the needs and constraints inherent in selecting materials and neighborhood urban elements (the second model layer for green, blue and grey infrastructure).
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Basic engineering concepts on energy, carbon footprint, and materials properties. An elementary background on architecture and urbanism is preferred.
- Week 1: Materials relevance in buildings
- Week 2: Buildings, performance, functions,and materials
- Week 3: Efficiency, sustainability,and architecture
- Week 4: Integrated design and Business Models
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Universitat Politècnica de València, a partner institute of EdX.
3-4 hours per week
- Verified Track -$50
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- How to evaluate the sustainability performance of buildings from materials
- Ways to assess energy use
- How to account for use of urban infrastructure
- How to create a neighborhoodmodel adequate for analysisand urban policy assessment
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...