Supply Chain Planning and Strategy
This course is part of the edX Professional Certificate program Certified Supply Chain Analyst (CSCA), offered by ISCEA. This course prepares you for the ISCEA Certified Supply Chain Analyst (CSCA) Exam on edX and is a requirement for becoming ISCEA certified. To become an ISCEA Certified Supply Chain Analyst (CSCA), you must complete all three preparatory courses and successfully pass the CSCA Exam.
Every fortune 500 company relies on their supply chain to keep goods and services flowing into the marketplace, but supply chain processes are only as good as the people who keep them running. Certified supply chain professionals that truly understand the relationship between a company's competitive advantage and its supply chain strategy are getting the best employment opportunities.
This course is designed to introduce foundational supply chain topics that are relevant to make both strategic and tactical decisions. Strategic decisions covered in the course are the ones required to achieve a fit between competitive strategy and supply chain strategy. Tactical decisions covered, are the ones aimed to develop a plan to balance demand with supply.
It all starts with the management of supply chain flows and the linkages between financial and operational measures. Next a supply chain strategy is developed around a competitive strategy considering both efficiency and responsiveness. And finally, the essentials of forecasting are covered in the context of demand management and sales and operations planning - S&OP.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
CSCA01.1 Supply Chain Overview
CSCA01.1.1 Supply chain essentials
- Supply Chains
- Flows in a Supply Chain
CSCA01.1.2 Financial performance
- The Objective of a Supply Chain
- Financial Measures
- Linking Financial Measures to Supply Chain Operation Measures
- Managing the cash flow
- Cash to cash cycle time
CSCA01.1.3 Strategic fit
- Competitive strategy and supply chain strategy
- Framework to attain strategic fit
- Logistical drivers
- Cross Functional Drivers
- Beyond the walls of our own organization
CSCA01.2.1 Introduction to strategy
- Competitive strategy
- Competitive advantage
CSCA01.2.2 Consistency between competitive strategy and functional strategies
- Typical Functional Strategies
- Supply chain strategy
CSCA01.2.3 Aligning processes with strategy
- Push/Pull Processes
CSCA01.3 Framework for discussion
CSCA01.3.1 Sources of costs and revenues
- Sources of the costs across the supply chain
- Drivers of supply chain performance
CSCA01.3.2 Logistic decisions
- Facilities decisions
- Inventory decisions
- Transportation decisions
CSCA01.3.3 Cross functional decisions
- Information decisions
- Sourcing decisions
- Pricing decisions
CSCA01.4 Fundamental Issues
CSCA01.4.1 Introduction to Sales and Operations Planning
- Demand management issues
- Sales and Operations Planning
- Introduction to forecasting
- Forecasting example - Data inputs
- Forecasting example - Quantitative models
- Forecast performance
CSCA01.4.3 Introduction to Supply Management
- Supply management terms
- Supply management issues
Course delivery details
This course is offered through International Supply Chain Education Alliance, a partner institute of EdX.
2-8 hours per week
- Verified Track -$199
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- The overview of supply chain management - SCM in the global economy including the linkages between operations management and financial results.
- How a supply chain design is developed based on a competitive business strategy
- The relationships between global supply chain cross functional and logistic drivers that include information systems, strategic sourcing, inventory management and warehousing.
- The fundamental Issues of sales and operations planning - S&OP. Demand planning, forecasting, inventory control and supply planning
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...